Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 05:12 PM

Default 1 barrel?

wpex 4 handed 2/4

fish in CO open limps, BTN folds, i raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in SB.

BB is a lagtag and calls.

I don't have much of a read on his post-flop play, but he open raises a lot preflop, too loosely. I've been card dead and giving him a lot of walks when it's folded to me in the SB so we haven't played a lot together yet.

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, BB calls, fish folds..

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check/fold?
Old 11-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: 1 barrel?

Fire again.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:23 PM

what are you doing playing in that game waffle? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I've been tending to check/fold in these spots as well. I don't think that you're going to buy many folds with the board you're looking at, and the combination of a not horrible player and your relative position seem to point at the next hand.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:56 PM

These are the hands that haunt me. I guess this one is a pretty easy c/f but there seem to be a lot of other similar hands that aren't as clear cut.

You know the tetris effect? When after a long bout of tetris you lie in bed, unable to think of anything but placing block after block in perfect organization?

My poker effect is being OoP in a HU pot on the turn with an Ace high hand that may or may not be best right now. Doesn't matter if my opponent is good or a fish.

AQ on a K982 board against a guy who is willing to peel A5o on this board. Why does he do it? I don't know, but it seems to work pretty well since it makes my turn decisions hellish.