Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Re: The official Borat Movie Thread

the pamela anderson scene was completely staged! there's no way security doesn't tackle the camera crew if it's not.

my favorite overlooked scene: the telegram.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:24 AM

my head hurt from laughing so much.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:59 AM

----------------spoiler, sort of-----------------
In or out of character, how the f*** did Sacha get out of the rodeo event in one piece after the scene is over?

-"OK... it's just a joke... just filming... taking a bit of a pi*s at you... sorry about the horse crashing... better go now..." ?

As for the Pamela scene; is Party rigged?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I snuck in to the Fenway 10pm showing and sat on the stairs. That scene at the end HAD to have been staged. There is no way he avoids jail time if it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says he didn't go to jail? I'm guessing he had to get bailed out a minimum of 5 times while making this movie.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 AM

******** SPOILER ALERT! *************

Saying parts of the movie were staged are just flat out ignorant. People think the Pamela Anderson scene was staged, did anyone pay attention to the way she responded to his marriage proposal? She was geniunely creeped out by him, her screaming and flailing around while in the sack was priceless. Let's try and remember Pamela Anderson isn't that good of an actress. I can't believe he had the balls to go through with that.

Now as one critic put it the shocking nudity scene, they would of had to discuss the maneuvering somewhat, but how does that take away from the comedic value? Plus once they leave the hotel room none of that could have been scripted.

As far as everything else goes, everyone's pretty much listed all the funny moments in the movie. A couple lighter giggles that haven't been mentioned.... the feminists interview was awesome, I love the Look here pussycat line, hahaha. Plus the scene were he tries to check into the swank hotel after talking to those black kids was hysterical. OH OH OH..... Oh yeah I doubled over at this part, were he goes to talk to the ettiquette coach before the southern social dinner and shows those pictures of him and his son (I think it was his son) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Too many golden moments like this for anyone to say it wasn't good, this movie wasn't only good it was f'ing great! Going back to see it again this week.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I snuck in to the Fenway 10pm showing and sat on the stairs. That scene at the end HAD to have been staged. There is no way he avoids jail time if it wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says he didn't go to jail? I'm guessing he had to get bailed out a minimum of 5 times while making this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt he did any time, it would take about 30 sec of explaining what he's doing for his movie before everyone just goes with it and accepts what he's doing as comedy.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from seeing Borat and it was hilarious and brilliant. The only thing funnier than this movie will be the outtakes from this movie.

Clearly in order to make this into a movie they had to combine scripted and improvised elements. This is clear in the scene that people are calling the funniest 3 minutes every put on film. I laughed so hard at this scene that I was crying when it was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahahaha omg it's like that scene.. it just wouldn't stop hahhaah - "The taste of your testicles is still on my moustache".

I think the wizard line had me laughing the hardest tho. Followed closely by any reference to his bear, the Running of the Jew and throwing money at the cockroaches ahahaa. I also was dying at the throw away line at the beginning of the movie "I get clock radio... he cannot afford... great success!"

-Al
Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also was dying at the throw away line at the beginning of the movie "I get clock radio... he cannot afford... great success!"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love this one. underrated.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:05 AM

My god, what a brilliant movie.

Saw it last night in a PACKED Chicago theater. Only one walkout that I noticed: five-member family, kids all seemed to be 17 and older, Dad was loving it, but Mom looked like she'd just been offered some human milk cheese and made them all leave during the Alan Keyes interview.

My wife, who is Israeli, noticed very early on that anytime Sasha Baron Cohen is speaking "Kazakh" he's actually speaking Hebrew; brings a further delicious irony to the proceedings, I think.

Top moments outside of those already mentioned, IMHO:
- The Jew egg
- The reactions of the NYC subway riders
- The look on Congressman Barr's face when he's told he's eating human milk cheese
- "Howzitwitcha, vanilla face? We want bang-bang skeet-skeet, just two playaz, no bitches & hoes, [censored]."
- The family photos
- Bear's head in the fridge
- "Eat of my [censored]!"

Oh, and take a close look at the credits; there's actually a listing for "Mr. Baron Cohen's feces provided and handled by..." Good times.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:13 AM

-"The taste of your testicles is still on my moustache"
-The look on Congressman Barr's face when he's told he's eating human milk cheese
-Bear's head in the fridge
-Calling the prositute from dinner party and having his 'guest' arrive
-The telegram is great- "So you are saying my wife is dead?"

The best is his sister taunting his retarded brother in his cage- "You will never get this"- "but one day he does get out of his cage, and he does get this."