Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 AM

Default $2-4 NL 10 max, call this potential river bluff?

Stacks: Hero $400, Cutoff $600, Button $360

Hey guys. First of all I don't like my preflop call, you can chalk it up to frustration. Button is a decent TAG who gives me a TON of respect and I believe I can push her off of AA/AK with a flop check-raise all in. (Unfortunatly she checked the flop.) Cutoff is a fairly weak player who will pay off with top pair medium kicker. I really haven't seen her bluff that often but she does do it. I also hate my river check, I should have made a blocking bet I think.

Hero is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 limp, Cutoff limps, Button raises to $20, SB folds, Hero calls, 3 call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], pot is ~$100.

Checked through.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], pot is $100.

Hero bets $80, 2 fold, Cutoff calls, Button folds.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], pot is $260.

Hero checks, Cutoff takes a little while and bets $140, hero calls.

Cutoff would definatly have raised AK preflop. That leaves KQ, draws that missed, an ace high flush draw that paired the river, or a strangely played set/2 pair. She does not slowplay often. I would think that she would just check the river with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but she is pretty aggresive so I'm not sure.

Given my botched play up to this point do you call that river bet? Comments on other streets welcome, but I do think that a flop C/R all in is a good play here. Normally I would fold preflop.