Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: TPNK face flop reraise- continue

If villain hold Ax, you r right c/r-ing this flop is not so good but still giving pressure on him. Question is what to do on turn, river if villain is LAG and will fire the 2 streets?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 AM

Default Re: TPNK face flop reraise

raise on the flop isnt bad news gotta find out where you are. When he reraises hes trying to tell you where you're at. Make that fold to his dinky fold. I think he has a monster.

maybe you are ahead but who cares. wait until you got a better hand and take his stack.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:53 AM

Question is his reraise is just 5. If he reraised back 8 or AI, I will fold
Old 11-04-2006, 11:08 AM

Yeah thats why its so tempting to call. The problem is you're so likely to be behind that its almost not worth even the small call. Only consideration might be to call and hope for a 7, MAYBE another Ace, or a spade that he doesnt bet.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:47 AM

Default RESULT:

Thanks for comments. I will play 99% time the way you guys input. The only reason I play this difference is I smell his bluff. I don't know why. So, I reaised back to check it out.

I call down with A7s trouble hand. Here is my thought process. Correct me if I was wrong.
1. preflop, sometime I call raised with A7s, sometimes I fold. But this time raiser is SB, I had position so I call.

2. flop, limper UTG bet $1 to $3.25 pot, which looks like try to steal this pot. So I raise to $3 back. I hope UTG fold or call to continue this hand(IF called, means he wanna go on this hand, I should be careful). But UTG reraise to $5. So, lets analyze this case. If he had a set, he should not bet only $1 on FD board to let 2 checkers call. If he had second pair or Ax, he should call my raise. If he had XhXh flush draw hand, he should call my raise or AI. His reraise $5 sounds strange. Maybe table hated my last 2 pf overbets to “steal” the pot.

That’s all reason I made decision to induce bluff to the end. (check-call, check-call)

Villain had QJ.

same CASE disscuss on HSNL: How to play A6s
Old 11-04-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: RESULT:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for comments. I will play 99% time the way you guys input. The only reason I play this difference is I smell his bluff. I don't know why. So, I reaised back to check it out.

I call down with A7s trouble hand. Here is my thought process. Correct me if I was wrong.
1. preflop, sometime I call raised with A7s, sometimes I fold. But this time raiser is SB, I had position so I call.

2. flop, limper UTG bet $1 to $3.25 pot, which looks like try to steal this pot. So I raise to $3 back. I hope UTG fold or call to continue this hand(IF called, means he wanna go on this hand, I should be careful). But UTG reraise to $5. So, lets analyze this case. If he had a set, he should not bet only $1 on FD board to let 2 checkers call. If he had second pair or Ax, he should call my raise. If he had XhXh flush draw hand, he should call my raise or AI. His reraise $5 sounds strange. Maybe table hated my last 2 pf overbets to “steal” the pot.

That’s all reason I made decision to induce bluff to the end. (check-call, check-call)

Villain had QJ.

same CASE disscuss on HSNL: How to play A6s

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple of things;
uNL =/= high stakes (not even close).
You put in over half your stack with TPNK.
You'r c/r bloated the pot on the flop.
You did not c/r enough to put pressure on him.
You did not fold to his obvious strength.
You'r call preflop is fine.
You got lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think I've got it all now...

Edit: In the high stakes thread hero also had a NFD which makes it a whole different ball game.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:43 PM

There is no plan on turn and river. You should be done with that hand!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: RESULT:

ofcause, low stake can't compare with high stake. I refer to high stake just because I think this kind of hands are tough to play.

If I didn't smell bluff, I won't raise and just Check Call, Check Call, Check Call...... But this line is aweful. Why did I raise little ? I don't really wanna him fold if he is bluffing
I am still learning. So I post this for further help myself.
EX: When you hold AK/AQ/AJ on flop Axx meet defence, how to know if you are against 2 pairs?
When you hold A5 on Flop Axx meet defence, how to know if your kicker is not good?