Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 09:38 PM

Default KK pot-limit. Am I a weak ass biatch?

First hand at the table, don't know anyone, obviously no reads, and a couple of cowboys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerStars Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($41.40)
MP1 ($63.95)
MP2 ($55.25)
MP3 ($51.50)
CO ($24.65)
Button ($32.80)
SB ($13.55)
Hero ($25)
UTG ($44)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.1</font>, UTG calls $2.35, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($7.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $19.45</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.75
Old 11-04-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Re: KK pot-limit. Am I a weak ass biatch?

This is so read dependant i don't know what to say I think since he raised preflop and called your reraise he could also have an overpair and be willing to get it in. I would just push most likely with no reads. There are some truly terrible players out there I can't see how he could have a straight or 2 pair here. I think the only hand you should be worried about is a set. I know this insn't a very good analysis but I don't know what else to say.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:33 AM

Shove the flop over his raise. JJ/QQ are stacking off here always, as is TT.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:36 AM

I usually bet 6 here on the flop also.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove the flop over his raise. JJ/QQ are stacking off here always, as is TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I really wanted to come over the top of his raise, but I seem to always stack off against trips in situations like this. I guess that I've developed a whipped dog mentality. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2006, 01:38 AM

DO NOT FOLD OVERPAIRS AGAINST UNKNOWNS
Old 11-05-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have for sure have bet more on the flop in NL, but this was PL.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So bet pot. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

This is JJ/QQ/AhKh enough to push (which you can now the pot is big enough). With that weak lead on a flush board (why?), he could easily put you on AhKh and come over the top with any PP. It's almost certainly not a straight and there's only one overpair you're worried about. If it's a set, it's a set - but it's a lot else besides.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So bet pot.

This is JJ/QQ/AhKh enough to push (which you can now the pot is big enough). With that weak lead on a flush board (why?), he could easily put you on AhKh and come over the top with any PP. It's almost certainly not a straight and there's only one overpair you're worried about. If it's a set, it's a set - but it's a lot else besides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see now that I didn't bet the pot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But anyway, I don't think that it is that consequential. What do you think he put me on with my pot reraise PF and 2/3 pot lead? He was UTG and raised PF. I've run into AA and trips way too many times(seems like everytime) and smaller pairs/ AK too few times in this situation. I don't know...
Old 11-05-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So bet pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see now that I didn't bet the pot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But anyway, I don't think that it is that consequential. What do you think he put me on with my pot reraise PF and 2/3 pot lead? He was UTG and raised PF. I've run into AA and trips way too many times(seems like everytime) and smaller pairs/ AK too few times in this situation. I don't know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with your preflop reraise I don't put you on trips or a set, and with your tiny flop lead I don't put you on a big overpair that wants to protect against draws on a drawy board. So I figure I have shed-loads of FE and raise pot with my overpair/flush draw/overcards. He has JJ+ or AhKh or AhQh and you have shedloads of equity.