Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Chris Ferguson times 64

Worst thread ever.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:01 PM

you're not the only one who has been to a third world countrY. i've been in the Phillipines and we had a one hour stop over in Thailand before thaT. It was a place called Cebu where our friend had six maidS. we stayed there for a week and i got a good feel for the country as a resulT. anyway, i gave one of the maids a steak and she didn't eat iT. she'd rather have sardines which to her was high clasS. she'd never been to a mall her whole life and refused to go in once her boss brought her there to watch his kidS.

what i'm getting at is that if the going cab fare from the Los Angeles International Airport to Pasadena is $40 you don't pay them $100 just because your driver looks like he is starving to deatH. the going rate is the going ratE.

getting back to that maid, if she can't appreciate steak then you just give her sardines which would make her more than happY. you have to learn to look at things from the perspective of others and get a sense for what they valuE.

a third world kid who only plays with pebbles in the sidewalk would think greatly of a Sega Genesis happy hour as a bonus for doing well in a guaranteed tourneY.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:44 PM

John,

I am filipino. I lived in the philippines. This isn't a one hour stop for me.

If you really believe that malnutritioned teens will make great employees just because you give them a can of sardines then who am i to disabuse you of those thoughts.

But anyways I'm sure your business plan has merit and you will make millions.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:57 PM

This has been discussed before but in the form of a poker school. John, the people intelligent enough to do this are already using bots. Stop acting like you have any idea of how to run any type of business. It doesn't matter where in the world a person lives, they are human beings and they deserve respect. You're a despicble fool.

My $0.02
Old 11-03-2006, 07:35 PM

now I'm not going to post about wether the business would work or anything. But really, is giving people a job when they have no job a bad thing? When you people talk about living in Thailand or the Phillipines where did you live? How did you live? When I lived in Thailand I eat and hanged out w/ people who worked hard jobs for no $. You think they wouldn't love to sit in front of a computer in an AC room & get paid more than the current job they had? You're retarded if you think they wouldn't want it.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Jesse,

My point is that the type of people who he wants to hire and will take the that he's offering, probably will not succeed due to (on average) lower intelligence, bad hygeine and malnutrition. If you think it's easy to find math wiz's on the corner of every street then I think you're in for a shock. We're filipino not chinese. j/k.

I think you'll have a higher chance of success by searching for people who have proven skills geared towards this type of work (stats/math background). Sure you have to pay them more but the resulting EV and shorter training times will pay off dividends imo.

But of course this is all conjecture, does anyone have 100k for me to setup a 20 person lab and a few months worth of expenditures? All the bribes i have to pay up you know...
Old 11-03-2006, 08:44 PM

i met a professor in the Philippines who makes $400/montH. he said most jobs there require a person to be under 35 or they become totally unhireablE. if that's the case then middle aged workers who have been laid off would probably make better workerS. call center people there only make $300/montH. but i think retirees are probably better prospects than kidS. so long as they don't have children who are working who can possibly finance them after they leave yoU.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:00 PM

why are you still going on about it? why are you telling us? go do it already.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:06 PM

i'm looking for as many arguments against it as possiblE.