Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 AM

Default AA on a turn paired board

villian is 24.9/16.3/2.38 over 700+ hands. pf raising range is large

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

what do i do on the turn?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 AM

Default Re: AA on a turn paired board

I would have 3-bet the flop. Though it depends on your read somewhat. For example, will he raise a FD on the flop even though he'll be knocking out the guy behind?

As played on the flop, the rest is pretty standard. You have to raise that turn, and you can't fold to a 3-bet because there are just so few hands that beat you and so many that he could play this way if he decided to get LAGy or creative.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:01 AM

say i 3 bet the flop, lead the turn, and still get raised when that turn card hits? do you give this up?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop. Though it depends on your read somewhat. For example, will he raise a FD on the flop even though he'll be knocking out the guy behind?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with this, but to make that specific of a read is tough unless you've seen him show down a busted flush draw. I'd say this is another situation where unless you know his play really well, either you make the call between thinking player or not.

You say his PF raising range is large, but how large is it when he's UTG? With that 24.9 it can't be too large. Based on that, I'd put him on a pair of tens and maybe some hearts, or a high pocket pair. ATh, KTh, QTh, KK, QQ, JJ. Assuming that, you need to three-bet that flop or cap the turn. Either way, you shouldn't be concerned about him having a 5.

I think your best bet in determining how to play this hand is considering how he's been playing recently. That's how you're going to extract the most.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
say i 3 bet the flop, lead the turn, and still get raised when that turn card hits? do you give this up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to a fold. Close to a 3-bet though. Again reads determine the play.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:11 AM

I would probably 3-bet the flop, but since it looked like your intention was to c/r, I think it's fine. I would be tempted to stick one more in on the turn, and c/c when the heart hits the river. Basically, if you've seen him 3-bet turns with TPTK or TP with FD, I think you have to cap the turn.