Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Re: the age of * is over

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

I got to report at least one of your OPs. I'm pretty happy you got banned so quickly.

All,

"Unfortunately, many of your points are correct"

"I agree with much of what you wrote"

"it's too bad that your situation distracts from the point of the whole * system, which in general is pretty effective (largely because people actually DO care)."

"Sounds like the system works pretty well to me... New users care much less about the * than established, 'respected' posters."

"However, of course who gets a * and who gets a warning is a matter of judgement"

"What all modding comes down to, ultimately, is judgement calls"

wtf? Have I been going to bed earlier every night? Have I been sleeping later? Has El D been in charge longer and longer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine. I don't tattle. As for NT! He's a jerk. Why is my post dumb? Because you don't agree Michigan shouldn't play for the Nat'l championship if they lose? Get a life NT
Old 11-02-2006, 07:02 PM

There's more to making a good post than just making a statement of your opinion that people might agree or disagree with.

Step 1: Don't present that opinion like a moran.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't want my *, I want my custom title back. So what would you suggest I do if I don't want to be exiled from OOT and I want my title back? Wait until I 'redeem' myself in the eyes of all-mighty daryn? And this is not a power trip by him? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah man, it's cool, i'll bend the rules just for you! oh wait, no. i won't. the reason i won't is because i'm on an insane power trip. it gives me immense pleasure the likes of which you have probably never known to give out *'s. yeah.. that's the ticket.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:12 PM

"OOT moderators may use whichever methods of enforcement they find most appealing or appropriate in the face of any offense."
"A * can be removed in certain circumstances as well, but don’t count on it."

Hmm...sounds like the 'rule' is specifically subject to mod judgement. Wouldn't be bending any rules not to give a * for an accidentally posted large pic. Wouldn't be bending the rules to remove that *.

Seems to me more like it would be acting like an adult, admitting that a * may not have been necessary at all and certainly is no longer necessary and rectifying the situation. Or are you really frightened that I will continue to make large pic posts in OOT if you don't continue to remind me of my previous error with the * title?

Edit: Is it possible that you don't realise how every post you make causes you to look worse and worse to every objective reader? I really have no idea how someone who clearly has no respect for other posters or interest in the welfare of the community became a mod in the first place.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Is it possible that you don't realise how every post you make causes you to look worse and worse to every objective reader?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it's possible. i don't realize it because i believe more people would agree with me, but it's not just about quantity of people who agree with you, but also quality, i think i get the nod there too.

anyway eventually your * will be removed, just chill mang
Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 PM

Why would people agree with you? What is your reasoning for why I deserve a *? I'm honestly curious. It makes no sense to me. Everyone knows I'm not exactly high risk to post large pics again. Everyone knows it was an accident the one time I did it. What's the purpose of the *?
Old 11-03-2006, 01:13 AM

I've read this whole thread now, and pretty much think I wasted my time. Now I'd like to waste some of your time with my thoughts:

1. No one is forcing anyone to post in OOT. If you've got a custom title, and are posting in OOT, you do it at your own risk. If your title is that important to you, don't risk it. Only gamble what you can afford to lose, bitches.

2. OOT without active moderation BLOWS. You can almost watch threads appear during the day and know when NT! or other mods are doing something else.

3. I do like BBV, and often laugh my ass off reading some of the threads there. There are lots of posters there that are wickedly funny, and there are a lot of running jokes that make the place great. However, I think lots of people have noticed there are many more sucky threads lately as the popularity has increased. Probably why they just added a new mod...he's no Rapt0r Christ, but gildwulf is good enough.

4. No one gets banned or *ed in OOT for disagreement. You get *ed for trolling, acting like a tard, starting tons of bad threads, and violating OOT rules. When you post there, it's kind of like implied consent that you'll abide by these rules.

5. This is completely my supposition, but I doubt all * offenses are equal. I'm sure that daryn and NT! treat different violations differently. For example, I'd guess that if you post a pic that's the wrong size and get *ed, but start a couple good threads or simply behave yourself for a week or so, then PM the mods asking for the * to be removed (and title to be restored), they'd likely go along. But, starting 5 bad threads a day over several different days (a la Toddy) even though you're a killer STTF poster? And then maybe go to lots of other forums and bitch and whine about how unfair it is? You're probably not going to get the same treatment.

Finally, TWP....seriously?

[ QUOTE ]
What is your reasoning for why I deserve a *?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you, or did you not violate the POSTED rules in the sticky at the top of the forum? Ladies and gentlemen, the prosecution rests.

If you had just taken your medicine like a man, then made some good posts in OOT (maybe even just stayed out of OOT), and then PMed daryn asking for the star to be removed and your title to be restored, what do you think would have happened? But now, you've made a federal case out of this, and I doubt they'll EVER restore your beloved title. You've acted like a child, and if I were them, I'd never give it back.

Edit to add: tuq? He's OK--gheyest avatar ever, though. tug? THAT DUDE RAWKS!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you had just taken your medicine like a man, then made some good posts in OOT (maybe even just stayed out of OOT), and then PMed daryn asking for the star to be removed and your title to be restored, what do you think would have happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, ty.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:40 AM

yeah, so now what is happening? are you 'teaching me my lesson'?

and didn't I PM you initially, before posting on 2+2, asking you to please restore my title?
Old 11-03-2006, 01:46 AM

Honestly, regardless of how legit your original beef is, "Whining Bastard" or the like would be a much better title for you than "Sarcastic Bastard."