Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: the age of * is over

Toddy,

"Grandma, I don't know what this thread is. It wasn't mine."

"My bad it was mine.."

You know that thing I was saying about you starting a high volume of low-content threads...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GS: "OOT is trying to maintain an acceptable signal-to-noise ratio." That's really the whole point here, and much harder to do successfully than most realize.

k: "If a mod thinks your post sucked, you'll get a *. Suck 3x and you're out." Yes, that's pretty accurate (and good) imo. At one point the rule was simply "Don't suck" which is indeed pretty much the whole point.

Black: "geared heavily against OOT-n00bs" "if it naturally stops n00bs joining the ranks" Replace "n00bs" w/ "idiots" and you've described the current setup accurately.

Toddy: See GS's post for why you were banned from OOT. It was the high volume of low-content threads you started.

TWP: Unfortunately, many of your points are correct and it's too bad that your situation distracts from the point of the whole * system, which in general is pretty effective (largely because people actually DO care). However, of course who gets a * and who gets a warning is a matter of judgement based on the individual poster and I think your offense is definitely one where, all things considered, a warning might have been more appropriate. Having said that, perhaps your interaction w/ daryn might have been more civil (basing this on the BBV thread) and this might have been resolved v. easily as it has w/ other users. In any case, I think your situation here is far, far different that most * situations and a definite exception to the rule. Collateral damage which, in a forum of that volume w/ unpaid mods, is gonna happen from time to time.

BBV fans: I enjoy BBV as well, for silly crap, as opposed to any sort of meaningful discussion. However, I would guess that w/ the current growth of BBV, more active moderation is going to happen sooner and to a higher degree than many current BBV fans expect. The ratio of complete garbage threads to funny/amusing stuff in BBV is growing at quite a clip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, understood Diablo.

If you look at my posts 99.9% of my posts are in MTT. I ventured into OOT and made dumb posts now im gone. Also this is my first time in the About Forums.

Like I said earlier. Before about 5 days ago I had no idea what a * was. I would have no idea what that is if I sit in the General and MTT forums only. I wasn't trying to be a jerk
Old 11-02-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ratio of complete garbage threads to funny/amusing stuff in BBV is growing at quite a clip.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is 1:0 a proper ratio? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

daryn should be handing out warnings in cases like TWP and RJ, not stars. I would say he's using poor judgment. At least he's being consistent and handing them out regardless of how good the poster is, but a little discretion wouldn't hurt.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

In defense of NL! or NT! or whatever his name is, you do start a ton of topics, a large percentage of which are retarded. I knew you were going to feel the cold metal of the banhammer pretty early on. Anyway, good to have you back, now POST PICS OF THE MILF GODDAMMIT!!!!!1ONE

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, is there a better poster than tuq?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. tug is a much better poster than tuq.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I'm not complaining about a *. I didn't know what a * even was til after I was banned (shame on me for not reading the FAQ) ..All im saying is if post something about a hand history or something I dont' need MODS jumping in and making fun of me. I did stupid posts on OOT in the past thats done lets move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I post in Sporting Events all the time, it's not like I followed you there to make fun of you. You made a stupid post so I laughed at you. Same as I would anyone else.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

In defense of NL! or NT! or whatever his name is, you do start a ton of topics, a large percentage of which are retarded. I knew you were going to feel the cold metal of the banhammer pretty early on. Anyway, good to have you back, now POST PICS OF THE MILF GODDAMMIT!!!!!1ONE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what level are we on here
Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what level are we on here

[/ QUOTE ]

the really qhey level.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM

Toddy,

I got to report at least one of your OPs. I'm pretty happy you got banned so quickly.

All,

"Unfortunately, many of your points are correct"

"I agree with much of what you wrote"

"it's too bad that your situation distracts from the point of the whole * system, which in general is pretty effective (largely because people actually DO care)."

"Sounds like the system works pretty well to me... New users care much less about the * than established, 'respected' posters."

"However, of course who gets a * and who gets a warning is a matter of judgement"

"What all modding comes down to, ultimately, is judgement calls"

wtf? Have I been going to bed earlier every night? Have I been sleeping later? Has El D been in charge longer and longer?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:31 PM

RDH,

"Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!"
Old 11-02-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]