Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - UB Window Manager

[ QUOTE ]
This utility is great.
Can someone get a mod to change the title of this post though, I didn't open this for a long time because I don't play on UB. I had been waiting for this exact thing for FT though.

Thank you very much for the app.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, and thanks for the edit Sam.

I was sitting in the airport today and hacked a bit on the code, I realized the other day that Absolute tourneys are not supported yet. I will try to get that fixed when I get home on Friday.

The next release is going to just be a bugfix, and if I get ambitious I will add in lobbies. I will probably add an option to keep the lobby from minimizing when a new table is opened, similar to Dave's Lobby Keeper.

I am going to try to stick to the "Release Early, Release Often" philosphy so I can respond to feedback as I add features. I'm currently working on two fronts, I'm trying to rewrite some of the early features, and I'm trying to add features, so a lot of the changes I'm making aren't visible but they are important if I want to add things.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this work with using two monitors?

[/ QUOTE ]

It should work with any monitor configuration.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:30 AM

Gonna put this here and in the other thread, but if you could also add UltimateBuddy keeper, like Lobby Keeper, so that it doesn't minimize every time u open one of ur donks tables that would be cool.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:30 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - Window Manager (for UB, FT and AP)

I just tried this and it's FANTASTIC! Thank you!! I was hoping for a program like PartyPlanner for other sites. I play on Full Tilt and may I request some features?

1) MOST IMPORTANT - Can you make it so that I can switch tables automatically? For instance dragging table 1 to table 3 and just swapping places? This was a nice feature w/ PartyPlanner.

2) I don't see a Last Hand History option for Full Tilt. Maybe you haven't gotten around to it? It would sure be nice. I'm sick of it opening right on top of my poker tables! lol

Thank you!!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) MOST IMPORTANT - Can you make it so that I can switch tables automatically? For instance dragging table 1 to table 3 and just swapping places? This was a nice feature w/ PartyPlanner.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this is one feature that would be very welcome.

drag the table you want to move over another, and they automatically swap, ala party planner.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Not sure how I missed this but it's great! Thanks.

One thing that bugs me about abs is how I never know where player noteboxes will get popped up (and often disappears under another tbl) so is it possible 1 or 2 noteboxes can be preset too?

Mike
Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM

Presetting noteboxes, i second this!! It would be a very nice feature!! I too am sick of my note boxes suddenly disappearing behind a table.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:06 PM

I would gladly make a donation if you were able to make it so all tables were locked into place, but i could drag one table onto another table and have them switch places. I am constantly opening and closing tables, and i like to have them in a certain order. Right now if i move a table and then reconfigure the tables they get all jumbled. Am i making any sense and is this a possible. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:47 PM

The table swap is a great idea, and I'll add it to my list of things to do.

I'm thinking about doing a pretty major rewrite, I think it is necessary to incorporate these features, so it kind of needs to happen.

What I'm thinking of doing is making it so you can configure any number of types of slots, and any number of slots within each type. I would provide preset slot types for supported sites, UBuddy, and everything else mentioned, but I would also allow the user to input a custom string to identify the type. I currently use regular expressions for this, so unless somebody knows of a clever way to generate regular expressions from a string, I would likely require regular expression input for custom types. I would obviously prepare some kind of tutorial for writing those.

That would enable you guys to customize the software a lot more, if you wanted support for some site I don't support, it would be pretty easy to add, and if people provided their custom types I could easily integrate them as built in types. Actually, I will probably use an xml file for the type setup so it isn't hard coded, which would make updates even easier, as it would only require one file.

The other benefit of this is that you could make it so that UB windows always go in one area, and FTP and AP to be grouped together, or whatever you would like. I should also be able to add support for both Stars and Party that use resizeable tables.

This is going to require a completely new interface, both for the configuration manager and the main app. What I would like to do for the configuration manager is to create a box with a tree view on the left that contains the "slot types" with supported sites/custom sites underneath each type. Then on the right side would be the window list that you are already used to from the current version. I'm not sure what I will do with the main app, I want to keep it looking simple.

If I go forward with this it means I'll stop working on the current version and it will take me a few days to get the new one out, when it comes out the old config files will not work because the changes are too significant.

I'm willing to take any input you might have, I know that some of you are looking forward to some new features, but I think that rewriting what is there will enable me to add features more easily, and will result in a better product.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:14 PM

Sounds great. I'm excited.