Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Chris Ferguson times 64

I had this idea last yr but I was gonna use local HS kids. I forget how I was gonna deal with the threat of them ditching me once they became winners but I had a solid solution in mind.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this idea last yr but I was gonna use local HS kids. I forget how I was gonna deal with the threat of them ditching me once they became winners but I had a solid solution in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you do it?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had planned to do it in my school's computer lab(s) but when I inquired about renting it after hours they gut very suspicious.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:52 AM

Don't pay a flat rate. Give the kids incentive. You will split their winnings with them, 50-50. This gives them incentive to play well, while at the same time they will feel like they are being treated fairly (not as slave labor) and will be loyal and stay with you as a partner.

It is better to take a 50% (or perhaps less) cut forever, than a 90% cut for only a few months.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will split their winnings with them, 50-50. This gives them incentive to play well, while at the same time they will feel like they are being treated fairly (not as slave labor) and will be loyal and stay with you as a partner.

[/ QUOTE ]

loL your idea will insure that they will leave you in just a couple of monthS. the goal is to keep them DEPENDENT on you NOT loyal to yoU. this is done by underpaying them and overworking them while on the surface making them feel special by randomly giving their families surprise gifts of rice, crayons for the kids, and canned sardines which to them are luxurieS. in China, workers are happy having not to think of their next meal and whether or not they will have a bed to sleep in at nighT. their standards are already loW. keep it therE.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will split their winnings with them, 50-50. This gives them incentive to play well, while at the same time they will feel like they are being treated fairly (not as slave labor) and will be loyal and stay with you as a partner.

[/ QUOTE ]

loL your idea will insure that they will leave you in just a couple of monthS. the goal is to keep them DEPENDENT on you NOT loyal to yoU. this is done by underpaying them and overworking them while on the surface making them feel special by randomly giving their families surprise gifts of rice, crayons for the kids, and canned sardines which to them are luxurieS. in China, workers are happy having not to think of their next meal and whether or not they will have a bed to sleep in at nighT. their standards are already loW. keep it therE.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Rwanda is a very bad poster.

Also, WTF is up with the way you capatalize the last letter in every sentence??? Some sort of lame joke?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:12 AM

Since you obviously have no desire to bring any sort of value to society, which is how most successful business owners got wealthy, and since you don't seem to be constrained by any moral or ethical issues - why don't you just cut to the chase and figure out a way to hustle old ladys out of their life savings?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you obviously have no desire to bring any sort of value to society

[/ QUOTE ]

visualize a small third world town in which the children don't even have any access to an old AtarI. in fact, these children only play with pebbles on the side of the roaD. by rewarding them with free play time at your Sega Genesis station as a bonus for having made the final table of the sunday million, you have just increased the quality of their experiencE. by giving a few occasional half a dozen cans of corned beef to a family that only eats dried fish and rice, you have increased the quality of life in some waY. by buying crayons for the kid brother or sister (who only used charcoal to draw) you have improve quality of lifE.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

visualize a small third world town in which the children don't even have any access to an old AtarI. in fact, these children only play with pebbles on the side of the roaD. by rewarding them with free play time at your Sega Genesis station as a bonus for having made the final table of the sunday million, you have just increased the quality of their experiencE. by giving a few occasional half a dozen cans of corned beef to a family that only eats dried fish and rice, you have increased the quality of life in some waY. by buying crayons for the kid brother or sister (who only used charcoal to draw) you have improve quality of lifE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robinhood,
I apologize for missing your noble purpose.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

their quality of life would be better improved by raising their wages so that they know they are guaranteed a certain amount of income and aren't beholden to you to give gifts of canned spam and a bucket of rice every month or so.

as someone who has lived in a 3rd world country, i feel that i'm qualified to call you a despicable human being.