Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: the age of * is over

[ QUOTE ]
It's dumb, it's always been dumb, it arguably goes against what the forums should be, it makes no sense from a 2p2 is primarily a business point of view, and, from a practical point of view, the fact that every month seems to bring more *s than the previous one should be enough to demonstrate it simply isn't working.

I never really cared about the *s because it was primarily an OOT thing, but that's obviously not the case anymore, there's posts about this in multiple forums (including this one*).
*one here can = post or forum, depending on your mood.

In my opinion, it's obviously time to do away with these, but maybe I'm alone.

BTW, if you have a *, don't use this thread to bitch about it pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know what a * was until I got banned last week. I agree. You get mods (who im guessing are in there 20s or 30s) and are on a power trip like NL! or NT! or whatever his name is and they will give you a * if they disagree with your opinion on a topic. I did a post last week and there were over 100 replies and I got banned because it didn't fit his interest. Makes no sense.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:31 PM

Toddy,

There is nobody in OOT who misses you. Thank you for posting in support of my work as OOT mod.

P.S. can you maybe tone down the trolling in the sports forum just a bit, they are filling my inbox with pure hate now that you are their problem.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

There is nobody in OOT who misses you. Thank you for posting in support of my work as OOT mod.

P.S. can you maybe tone down the trolling in the sports forum just a bit, they are filling my inbox with pure hate now that you are their problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about??? Trolling??? I made 2 posts. 1 about OSU/MICH and 1 about the 2 pt conversion. If anyone else in the world made those posts you would be fine with it. You know thats true. I don't even know what you mean by trolling. How is it trolling if 100 people are responding to my posts? I dont' understand how you get off banning people I really don't. If I was a mod i'd ban people for important things. I just want to know why posting about Mich/OSU is "trolling" <---- whatever that dumb word is
Old 11-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Toddy (and friends),

You started a thread in the general forum whining about your *s and now you are coming here to garner some more attention. I remember when you got *'rd you had SEVEN posts on the front 2 pages of OOT. Now, if some divine hand had reached down from heaven and inspired you with seven great posts in two days it would be welcomed - but that was not the case. You were posting multiple stupid topics that had little to no discussion value. Do you honestly want to take part in a forum where people are free to flood it with stupid topics that are beneficial to no one? It seems like you wandered into OOT one day with a thread that got some discussion going, and relished the attention so much you lost all self control.

Your post in the general forum "OMG is there a FAQ I can read!? I am a victim and I want to learn he rules but never got a chance!" is embarassing. You cannot seriously be that delusional.

Here is your THREE DAY posting history 10/23 - 10/26:

What Band, Comedian, Show etc. Have you seen the most?
10/26/06 07:09 PM

Does anyone else think Scarlett Johanssen is not that hot?
10/26/06 06:35 PM

Anyone ever try Peter North's secret to shooting big ***shots?
10/26/06 01:46 PM

Best Practical Joke You've Ever Pulled!
10/26/06 07:39 AM

The Office. American or UK Version?
10/26/06 07:29 AM

Worst Gambling loss against the spread in your life.
10/25/06 04:20 AM

Have you ever been really happy when a player got seriously injured?
10/25/06 04:13 AM

What are your worst sports moments of all time?
10/24/06 05:50 PM

What are your oddities? I have a bunch (Spoiler: Never tried Ketchup)
10/24/06 05:41 PM

TO shut your mouth, you can't even catch a wide open pass.
10/23/06 07:49 PM

Hot Milf just sent me this email . I tutor her son.
10/23/06 07:41 PM

Is Dutch Boyd 18? Why does he have a huge hickey on his neck?
10/23/06 03:18 PM

Online Reality Show. "Garage Sale"
10/23/06 09:36 AM

Best Ending to a video game?
10/23/06 09:07 AM

And BTW, there is a FAQ you can read:

FAQ

Now, you have to be an incredibly unhealthy person who has no grasp on reality OR think the rest of us are really [censored] dumb to piss and whine about your *s with this track record. Did you stop for even a moment to think that this may have been the result of your actions?

OOT is trying to maintain an acceptable signal-to-noise ratio. Toddy, you are noise.

OOT is an incredibly useful forum. I have learned a lot there in my 2 years at 2p2. The *s are in place because of the nature of a forum with no set topic range. If it were unmoderated (or moderated like BBV), you would have to wade through so much Toddyesque [censored] to find something useful that it wouldn't be worthwile. A * isn't a big deal, it's just a means of letting you know that you are contributing to the noise and not the signal. It really shouldn't take long before you "get it". I can't help but think that the guys going around with 2 or 3 *s (and even moreso the ones whining about it) are the same people who routinely make the same mistakes at the poker table and blame it on variance.

Ah well, what do I know? I've been up 32 hours with the stomach flu.

Cheers,

Grandma
Old 11-02-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy (and friends),

You started a thread in the general forum whining about your *s and now you are coming here to garner some more attention. I remember when you got *'rd you had SEVEN posts on the front 2 pages of OOT. Now, if some divine hand had reached down from heaven and inspired you with seven great posts in two days it would be welcomed - but that was not the case. You were posting multiple stupid topics that had little to no discussion value. Do you honestly want to take part in a forum where people are free to flood it with stupid topics that are beneficial to no one? It seems like you wandered into OOT one day with a thread that got some discussion going, and relished the attention so much you lost all self control.

Your post in the general forum "OMG is there a FAQ I can read!? I am a victim and I want to learn he rules but never got a chance!" is embarassing. You cannot seriously be that delusional.

Here is your THREE DAY posting history 10/23 - 10/26:

What Band, Comedian, Show etc. Have you seen the most?
10/26/06 07:09 PM

Does anyone else think Scarlett Johanssen is not that hot?
10/26/06 06:35 PM

Anyone ever try Peter North's secret to shooting big ***shots?
10/26/06 01:46 PM

Best Practical Joke You've Ever Pulled!
10/26/06 07:39 AM

The Office. American or UK Version?
10/26/06 07:29 AM

Worst Gambling loss against the spread in your life.
10/25/06 04:20 AM

Have you ever been really happy when a player got seriously injured?
10/25/06 04:13 AM

What are your worst sports moments of all time?
10/24/06 05:50 PM

What are your oddities? I have a bunch (Spoiler: Never tried Ketchup)
10/24/06 05:41 PM

Hot Milf just sent me this email . I tutor her son.
10/23/06 07:41 PM

Is Dutch Boyd 18? Why does he have a huge hickey on his neck?
10/23/06 03:18 PM

Online Reality Show. "Garage Sale"
10/23/06 09:36 AM

Best Ending to a video game?
10/23/06 09:07 AM

And BTW, there is a FAQ you can read:

FAQ

Now, you have to be an incredibly unhealthy person who has no grasp on reality OR think the rest of us are really [censored] dumb to piss and whine about your *s with this track record. Did you stop for even a moment to think that this may have been the result of your actions?

OOT is trying to maintain an acceptable signal-to-noise ratio. Toddy, you are noise.

OOT is an incredibly useful forum. I have learned a lot there in my 2 years at 2p2. The *s are in place because of the nature of a forum with no set topic range. If it were unmoderated (or moderated like BBV), you would have to wade through so much Toddyesque [censored] to find something useful that it wouldn't be worthwile. A * isn't a big deal, it's just a means of letting you know that you are contributing to the noise and not the signal. It really shouldn't take long before you "get it". I can't help but think that the guys going around with 2 or 3 *s (and even moreso the ones whining about it) are the same people who routinely make the same mistakes at the poker table and blame it on variance.

Ah well, what do I know? I've been up 32 hours with the stomach flu.

Cheers,

Grandma

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I'm not complaining about a *. I didn't know what a * even was til after I was banned (shame on me for not reading the FAQ) ..All im saying is if post something about a hand history or something I dont' need MODS jumping in and making fun of me. I did stupid posts on OOT in the past thats done lets move on.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:24 PM

Grandma, I don't know what this thread is. It wasn't mine.

My bad it was mine.. TO=Terrell Owens.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I'm not complaining about a *. I didn't know what a * even was til after I was banned (shame on me for not reading the FAQ) ..All im saying is if post something about a hand history or something I dont' need MODS jumping in and making fun of me. I did stupid posts on OOT in the past thats done lets move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I post in Sporting Events all the time, it's not like I followed you there to make fun of you. You made a stupid post so I laughed at you. Same as I would anyone else.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2006, 12:33 PM

Toddy,

In defense of NL! or NT! or whatever his name is, you do start a ton of topics, a large percentage of which are retarded. I knew you were going to feel the cold metal of the banhammer pretty early on. Anyway, good to have you back, now POST PICS OF THE MILF GODDAMMIT!!!!!1ONE
Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

In defense of NL! or NT! or whatever his name is, you do start a ton of topics, a large percentage of which are retarded. I knew you were going to feel the cold metal of the banhammer pretty early on. Anyway, good to have you back, now POST PICS OF THE MILF GODDAMMIT!!!!!1ONE

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened is i ONLY post MTT. I have no problems with anyone. I am out of work for a month my friend mentioned OOT. I had never ever been in that topic. I thought the stuff in there was funny. I posted a few things. Got banned for talking about my dog, now I'm back in MTT. Done. Lesson learned. NT! Doesn't like dogs. I won't post in there. I just don't understand when someone has a vendetta against some1 like this. Dont' look for my posts and attack me. I mean there's no need to add your 2 cents if I ask a question about Michigan/OSU.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:45 PM

-- TehWorstPlayer

Enough, mang, this whining was funny for the first 150 posts about it, but it's boring now. Just tell Daryn you won't go in OOT again, and maybe that'll be the * removed.

-- Toddy
Trolls are not just posters who create controversy or attention whore for the sake of it with bad threads etc, but are those who puruse others across forums and badmouth them, so if you are a troll, you're also the victim of trolling. But don't bother complaining, it won't change anything.

All of you, STFU whining about OOT. If you like OOT, stay in there, if you don't, don't go in there. Isn't that [censored] simple enough for you?

And if you don't like your *, try swapping OOT-exile for your undertitle back, okay?