Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Bad Beats on Bodog

I had a serious whopping on Bodog. I signed up on October 1st at Bodog. Was doing extremely well until last weekend where I lost nearly all my roll. I like the support, which is very helpfull and the site is pretty cool. I've been seeing a lot of trash talking on other forums about Bodog, but I did like the place and I had a bad beating before, but this time was worse. Nearly lost all my money. Has this happened to anybody. I was getting out drawn by players with bad cards just calling whatever at SNG, the cards went ice cold and totally swung me out of my rhythm. I consider myself an above avg player. I do admit though that I played to long maybe. I probably played a total of around 15hrs for that session. It was terrible. Don't consider myself a fish or a donk. What do you guys think?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Bad Beats on Bodog

I think this will not end well.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 AM

Kill yourself immediately.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was doing extremely well until last weekend where I lost nearly all my roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 - exercise better bankroll management.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nearly lost all my money. Has this happened to anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe so.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:22 PM

Bodog has terrible players. This means more variance and more swings. I used to play there often and it got very frustrating at times.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:28 PM

I've been looking into a good SNG place myself and i'm thinking pokerstars is the way to go since they got a huge variety of everything, maybe you won't get huge downswings with them. It should be kinda hard to lose your bankroll at SNGs, bankroll management is the right answer for your problem.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 PM

The bad beats are horrible, but if you lose all your money because of it, you are playing way above your limit.

Yesterday at Bodog, I was reraised preflop with KK vs AA, and I checked raise all-in on K high flop and he called and turn brought an ace. It was over $400 pot. Another hand I had the nut straight on turn, raised and called reraised all-in from another big stack. He had a set of J's and the river paired the board. That was over $500+ pot. Another hand I have open-end straight draw and flush draw on flop, against AA and A9 on a 9 high flop and I lost. That was a $600+ pot.

Last hand was not that much of a bad beat, but I still was a significant favorite. At the end I lost a lot when I should have up a lot.

I don't know if it is rigged or not, but once I cleared the bonus requirements I will move.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:24 PM

How many buy-ins did you lose exactly?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM

I actually lost around 15-20 buy-ins. I raised where I should have and folded where I should have. I got mad and did what I shouldn't have and went to the NL200 and I got the entire loss back(around 5 hours of play now). I won some $80 pots and I was doing well. Rule of thumb is if you are doing well dont quit. I stayed in and I got busted on some hands I should have won. Im not talking about playing 78s in first position on a tight table. Im talking about losing with sets of AA. I had a straight somebody had a full house. It was disgusting.Thats poker I guess. What was more surprising was losing harder when I got closer to clearing the point requirement. It got harder and harder when I got closer. Im not going to complain b/c I cashout earlier before this beating. Therefore I was juggling Bodogs bonus money, but I turned a good profit with that $(lot of suckers on that site). But I noticed the rake was putting me at a standstill. Now I have a rake acct with Full Tilt, which I heard is ten times harder, but Im ready for it. Can handle a lost, but not like that when you play the hands perfectly and check raise and slow play with monster hands, but get beat? However, thanks for the advice guys. I'll practice better cash management and stop whining so much. This week is big anyway. Carlson is going to AC. Have to take off Friday though due to that ego damage for me last week. Won't stress it any more.