Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Going to school at UNLV - What are your experiences?

I am considering going to UNLV for graduate school. I will either be getting a masters or a PhD in chemistry. Yet my reasons for going to grad school down at UNLV aren’t whole heartedly honest. Another reason I want to go to UNLV is to play poker. I am 90% sure that playing poker professionally isn’t the thing I am supposed to do in life. Yet its that little 10% of conscious that is telling me not to go by in life wondering whether it was what I was supposed to do. So that’s kind of the other reason I am thinking of UNLV. I know for a fact that I am going to get my masters/PhD. no matter where I go so I figure I can take this opportunity to find out more about myself and my poker playing abilities and if I fail miserably at poker I am not down there just wasting my time and money. I would eventually get out of LV with a graduate degree and could support myself pretty much anywhere with it. So anyways I have some questions for those concerning going to school in LV. I am sure I will post a lot more threads about in the future as I near graduation but for now here is what I would like to know more about.

First and foremost, do you enjoy going to school and living in LV at the same time? I figure if you are posting at the 2+2 forums that you must be doing some gambling while down in LV, so how bout it? Has it been a good experience for you so far?

Next I would to know a little about your financial situation. Nothing personal or anything that you don’t want anyone to read. Are you working and if so where? Was it easy to get a job? Are you working to pay the bills, and if so, do you find that all your needs (not wants) are getting met? How bout if your playing poker? If your playing to pay your bills, how many hours do you find yourself playing a week and at what game/limit.

Thanks a bunch for all the help guys! I hope everyone’s college and professional career is doing well.

Chris
Old 11-02-2006, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Going to school at UNLV - What are your experiences?

I'm also interested in hearing what others have to say about this. I've been looking @ unlv for grad school as well.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 AM

word up, where are the UNLV'ers?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 AM

WTF IS UNLV?
Old 11-13-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF IS UNLV?

[/ QUOTE ]

University of Nevada-Las Vegas.

I am also considering going to UNLV next semester..... any UNLV students???