Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Trick or treaters bitch thread

[ QUOTE ]
I don't need them spraypainting "bald a**hole" on my house, so I give them candy anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I didn't know it was 'felony or treat.'"
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM

I took my oldest kid trick or treating this year (much like last year). He was very happy to be dressed up in his pirate outfit, I had a heavy cloak on with horns glued to my face. I did not go anywhere near the door, so I didn't get any candy (not like my fat ass needs it anyways). One old guy was really funny, he asked my son to do a trick for his treat, so my 8 year old, said OK and rolled over on his front step. The old man laughed but said that wasn't good enough, so my kid still on all 4's like a puppy, moved over and pretended to piss on this old bastards leg. I busted a gut laughing, and the old man gave him a huge handful of candy for making him laugh.

But I did have my pet peeve, some 12 year old kids come up to the door, and knock, when I open it they just stand there and hold out their bags, don't say Trick or Treat, don't say thank you. I was pissed.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM

Daughter + dog + Bailey's + coffee = my new halloween T or T tradition.

One house gave my daughter a juice box, wtf? Better than pennies or loose candy corn, I guess.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its the [censored] "penny for the Guy" kids outside supermarkets and shoppin complexes that piss me off.

[censored] beggers.

Most dont even have a [censored] Guy, and those that do they are all [censored].

[censored] rat bag scally mother [censored].

/rant

-----

For the americans, wiki Guy Fawkes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The commercialization of halloween is the worst American import we have got, when we were kids no dressing up and money when you knocked on doors, I think one year we may have had a hollowed out turnip with a candle in (never got punpkins over here), no trick or treat.

Now its all hyped up for weeks in advance, costumes, candy and trick or treat, thimk doesnt help that the kids networks are all showing predomintatley US shows so they get bombarded. My daughter has been going on and on about it for weeks and even wanted the day off school. They went to a party and round a few houses trick or treating and thankfully she came home and said it was boring and didnt want to do anything next year.

PLus all the chav teens doing tricks like pushing stuff through letterboxes etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

UK OOTer representing in the Halloween hatred

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting really sick of the 13 yr old boys who don't even have a costume, just a bag for candy. I save extra [censored] candy for them.

Costumes so far have been ok, nothing jumping out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I give candy to kids in costumes, mini boxes of Sunmaid raisins to the older kids who don't. Winnah!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The commercialization of halloween is the worst American import we have got

[/ QUOTE ]
If its not to the point where its an excuse for all the nubile young women to dress up like complete sloots, then I can see why you'd think lowly of it.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daughter + dog + Bailey's + coffee = my new halloween T or T tradition.

One house gave my daughter a juice box, wtf? Better than pennies or loose candy corn, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady down the street gave out little puzzles and activity books. It was all I could do to not dropick her back into the house. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] On the plus side, she is quite easy on the eyes.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Awww man, here I were, expecting to see some really hot bitches in halloween costumes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we need that thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 PM

I guess I wasn't the only one who had people who showed up that could be considered too old to be TOTing.

I had a group of four chicks show up with no costume and they wanted me to put candy in their purses. Ok fine whatever.

But 10 minutes later a family of nine shows up with two small kids in costume and then I guess the rest of the family watching. So I give the two kids some candy and am then bombarded by the other family members who apparently had paper bags saying something inaudible that sounded like "For the baby." Newsflash candy does not equal a weeks worth of food for your children.

On second thoughts maybe they were dressed as hobos.

I love hobos.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I wish kids would come by my place. I love Halloween. But they all get driven to the rich neighborhoods.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I just heard about this a couple of years ago. I live in a good neighborhood that's adjacent to a poor one. My condo complex is do not solicit, so sadly we don't get any kids, but the neighbors get completely overrun by poor people, primarily Hispanics, and I guess a lot of them don't wear costumes.

Anyway, to OP's point: I know we NEVER went out before dark (~6PM here) and were regularly out past 9PM. As for parents following around in a car, I never saw that. If they were little they'd walk with the kids, but generally the parents considered us safe if we were in a pack and would stay at home to answer the doors themselves.

When I most recently lived in a house, we'd get kids from roughly 5:30 until a little after 8:00. It was the same neighborhood I grew up in, so maybe they're reining them in a bit.