Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: If Michigan loses and plays for the Nat\'l Championship its crap.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's just wait and see how that game plays out. If Michigan gets blown out, then obv. they should not get a rematch. It depends on a lot. I think Ohio State would be more deserving of a rematch though if they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I agree. It should be a moot point. I dont' think Michigan will stay w/in 3 TDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, [censored]. Please send this clown back to OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with this post??? Are u going to apologize if OSU wins. JEEZ its my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your opinion, though. If so, I'll take Michigan +21 for all you can eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OSU will win by over 21, but i wont bet you id just bet the actual line. I'm guessing its around 7ish. I didn't see the lines this week.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:48 PM

we're not blasting you for thinking michigan's not #2 in the country...we're blasting you for the way you said it, there's no need to sound like an idiot (on top of being wrong, :-))
Old 11-01-2006, 04:06 PM

I agree with the original title

I'll also state that if tOSU loses and plays for the Nat'l championship its crap

You should not get a second shot at a team except for extreme circumstances, ie no other legitimate #2 teams.

Why should a team beat a team once, and then have to beat them again to prove supremacy, while the other team could lose the first time and win the second to prove supremacy? That reeks.

YOu're in essence saying the regular season doesn't matter.

A playoff does the same thing on an even grander scale. College football is the one sport that gets things right and everyone's meddling will hurt it. It's all because reporters don't have the attention span to follow 13 games that all count.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
michigan and ohio state are CLEARLY the best 2 teams in the country....if ohio state simply squeaks by michigan (at ohio state no less), why would that mean that Michigan isnt the #2 team? your argument makes no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the logic behind it is this:

At the end of the season, we're more satisfied with an outright champion rather than controversy. If Michigan loses and you put them back in the NT game(or if OSU loses and you put them in) then if they win the NT then there will be no true champ. Each team will have beaten the other once, so we won't know who is better.

Bottom line: Each team controls its own destiny. If you want to be the best team then just win. You can complain all you want, but you control your own fate here. I think a team like Boise St or Rutgers has a much bigger complaint- they can't control their own fate. It looks like they'll go undefeated and still not be in the NT game. They have no chance to even get there! How is that fair? At least Michigan and OSU are being given the opportunity. If you want to talk about fairness, I think thats whats unfair.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
michigan and ohio state are CLEARLY the best 2 teams in the country....if ohio state simply squeaks by michigan (at ohio state no less), why would that mean that Michigan isnt the #2 team? your argument makes no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the logic behind it is this:

At the end of the season, we're more satisfied with an outright champion rather than controversy. If Michigan loses and you put them back in the NT game(or if OSU loses and you put them in) then if they win the NT then there will be no true champ. Each team will have beaten the other once, so we won't know who is better.

Bottom line: Each team controls its own destiny. If you want to be the best team then just win. You can complain all you want, but you control your own fate here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that the first game is played at Ohio State and the second on neutral ground. What if Michigan loses by 1 or OT at Ohio State and then wins by 14 in the NC game. Too many ifs.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 PM

if both teams are significantly better than anyone else in the country (true) and michigan goes TO ohio state and loses on a last second field goal or something....what would be the evidence that someone besides ohio state is better than they are?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if both teams are significantly better than anyone else in the country (true)

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:56 PM

they both are not significantly better

there is no such thing as significantly better in college football anymore
Old 11-01-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A playoff does the same thing on an even grander scale. College football is the one sport that gets things right and everyone's meddling will hurt it. It's all because reporters don't have the attention span to follow 13 games that all count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your team goes undefeated in the SEC and gets left out of the title game. As far as 2004 Auburn goes, NONE of the regular season games counted, as far as the national title is concerned. Anywhere from 0-11 to 13-0 would have gotten the same result. College football gets it right? Please.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Auburn should learn and schedule somebody. It appears they finally have learned looking at the upcoming seasons.

IT was the meddling that tied the polls to vote for the BCS title game winner that prevented a split title that year. I have no problem with a split title and I think Auburn gets plenty of recognition for an undefeated team that season.