Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: If Michigan loses and plays for the Nat\'l Championship its crap.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Rutgers?

Tulane was undefeated a few years ago, did they deserve a shot at the title?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rutgers for the National Championship!!!! Only 10 teams left to jump over!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it sucks not to be rated preseason. They could win every game 50-0 and they still have no shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't necessarily true. With the schedules that other teams in front of them have left, you're going to see a lot of the top 10 teams getting losses. Rutgers already benefits from a high computer ranking, that if teams in front of them start losing their poll rankings may come around. Now its still a long shot yes. They'd need to win out, and prob have WVU still be undefeated when they play them the last week, and a bit of help from other teams, but you never know what could happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see it but i thinkt he computer would find any way to leave them out

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, its not the computers hurting them, its the people doing the voting. They're in that group of USC, ND, Cal, and Rutgers that are either underrated by voters or overrated by computers depending which way you look at it.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Rutgers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it sucks not to be rated preseason. They could win every game 50-0 and they still have no shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't necessarily true. With the schedules that other teams in front of them have left, you're going to see a lot of the top 10 teams getting losses. Rutgers already benefits from a high computer ranking, that if teams in front of them start losing their poll rankings may come around. Now its still a long shot yes. They'd need to win out, and prob have WVU still be undefeated when they play them the last week, and a bit of help from other teams, but you never know what could happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see it but i thinkt he computer would find any way to leave them out

[/ QUOTE ]

As if the computer cares that it's Rutgers or that they were unranked preseason. Rutgers will finish just as high in the computers as L'ville or WVU if they win out. It's the polls they have to worry about.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Rutgers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah damn those biased computers and their irrational hatred of Rutgers! If a method would put them in the title game, I'm sure they will spontaneously change the criteria until it leaves them out.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Rutgers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, its not the computers hurting them, its the people doing the voting. They're in that group of USC, ND, Cal, and Rutgers that are either underrated by voters or overrated by computers depending which way you look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i mean I think they can play with that group of 1 loss teams (don't forget BC).. Also thanks for being an intelligent mod and seeing that this is a legit arguement. I don't care what happens as long as if michigan loses big, they let another team in.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about Rutgers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i mean I think they can play with that group of 1 loss teams (don't forget BC)..

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know what you mean here, BC is ranked 16 in both polls and 16 by the computers, making them supposedly one of the most accurately ranked teams.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:15 PM

Toddy,

Don't ever [censored] PM me again.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i agree about BC i was just saying they have 1 loss too.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:17 PM

I don't like either of these two teams, but I want to see a rematch for the NC.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Toddy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Anger Management

Well i guess we can talk after the game. There is a thread about this game already. Hats off to Michigan if they pull it off. There is alot of Michigan Fans in here obviosly since everyone is on edge and blasting me for this thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's just wait and see how that game plays out. If Michigan gets blown out, then obv. they should not get a rematch. It depends on a lot. I think Ohio State would be more deserving of a rematch though if they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I agree. It should be a moot point. I dont' think Michigan will stay w/in 3 TDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, [censored]. Please send this clown back to OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with this post??? Are u going to apologize if OSU wins. JEEZ its my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your opinion, though. If so, I'll take Michigan +21 for all you can eat.