PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t4700)
UTG+1 (t490)
Hero (t1740)
CO (t960)
Button (t1840)
SB (t2050)
BB (t1720)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Villain is 57.1/28.6/2.00 through 35 hands. Minraises are so donkish, and he's raising a lot. I really thought about pushing here, but just wasn't sure if it would be the right move. The previous hand he limped and folded to my AQ push.

What do you think? Push or fold?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:41 AM

Default Re: $16 KQo at 9xBB

Habitual min-raisers suck but I try to treat them as though they had placed a standard raise. If he raised 3BB would you push with so many people left to act?

Stu
Old 11-01-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Habitual min-raisers suck but I try to treat them as though they had placed a standard raise. If he raised 3BB would you push with so many people left to act?

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

i do the same readless, but with OPs read i treat it like he limped. Then i fold KQ anyway
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 AM

This is an easy fold. I would have folded if he had limped also, and KQ isn't an instant open raise from this position and these stack either. Most of the times I just open fold it here. The guys left to act have to be pretty tight to make this a +EV push even if you where the one to open the pot.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:14 AM

Yeah definate fold here. I'd probably push AJ+, 77+ over him. Everything else I'd fold.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:21 AM

You have to fold it. You are in too good of shape (but not big enough to get idiot-boy to fold by pushing) and it's too early for you to to risk tangling with the big stack. Plus you have no idea what the guys after your are going to do. This is a sixteen -- those five stacks after you could be pushing any pair and just about any ace, and you wont be calling an all in, let alone a 3 way.

If you call, no matter what comes out he is betting the flop first (probably a min bet, but 20% of your chips), and you have no idea what he has (so all the times you miss the flop you are folding anyway). Wait for the little stack between you to go busto then push your first &gt; top 40% hand on him when he limps or min raises into you again.

In short, I think way more bad things happen than good if you do anything than fold here.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:38 PM

with his read would you push this if he was in the bb?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with his read would you push this if he was in the bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would probably push a completion by the sb with KQ, given his read -- the guys left to play when you aren't in the bb make a huge difference.

If this guy had been completing/minraising a lot, in the bb you need to nip this in the bud, now that the blinds are high enough, for two reasons. First, it gives you a sweet chunk of change if he folds ( like 30% of your chips). Second, he should become more caution for a few rounds and fold more to you in the future (this is very donk-dependent). If you don't push this one, he probably won't stop -- so it's either push this hand, or the next random hand you have in the bb.

Push, and hope he doesn't call you with ace high. You don't want to be exiting the tourny 30% (when his ace hits) of the time at this point, but a doubler now should put you in great shape to get ITM - this is a risk you want to take with 6,7 left, rather than 4,5 left.

I actually like a guy who complete his small blind/min bets my bb early -- i just fold fold fold, then I make it all back at the 100/200 level with one push.