Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: PS 5+.50 SNG\'s Profitable?

I really appreciate all the advice you all have given me. Yes, I understand profitable was not the correct word to use, but I apppreciate all of your responses. It may be that my bubble play is suffering...I probably see that as the biggest leak in my game right now.

Also, explain how the end is not a crapshoot....I'm not saying that your wrong, I just really dont understand. Oftentimes the blinds are literally 400/800 and 600/1200 plus antes. You can't really sit and wait for something decent (Ace, PP, etc...because if the other person raises all in, you have to fold....where as if you raise and put pressure on, if they catch a hand, your gone.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:25 PM

The ICM post should make it clear to you
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oftentimes the blinds are literally 400/800 and 600/1200 plus antes. You can't really sit and wait for something decent (Ace, PP, etc...because if the other person raises all in, you have to fold....where as if you raise and put pressure on, if they catch a hand, your gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

MMMMMMM poker droooool sorry, you made me hungry
Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 PM

The end is kind of a crapshoot if two people who kind of know what they are doing are playing. Dumb opponents fold too much when the blind are this large. With 600/1200 blinds the amount of times your opponent will catch something very good are slim. Push according to what SNGPT says too and don't worry about results.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:33 PM

I think you may be thinking of turbos. Blinds hardly ever get that high in regulars - typically they end at level 6 or 7, occasionally 8.

You should be aware that ICM, while obviously still important, is not as crucial to regulars as it is to turbos. Having switched to regs from turbos recently, my initial impression is that you have to lay a lot more poker and have to learn to blind steal more often at the 50/100 level upwards. You may find the microstakes forum just as useful as this one (which is very much geared towards turbos).