Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: CCU...gone?

[ QUOTE ]
1. If he was honestly trying to screw everyone here, why would he still be answering messages and engaging in this conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a legitimate comment.

[ QUOTE ]
2. No one has sued or is going to sue over this. Anyone that claims they've hired a lawyer is either lying or incredibly stupid. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to bring a lawsuit?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are talking about going after him in small claims court... the expenses there are minimal, and dont require the use of a lawyer.

The larger threat is someone talking to his school, which would very likely pull his chance of getting a diploma.

[ QUOTE ]
he has paid out thousands and thousands of dollars to people on this forum over the last few months and deserves at least a little bit of credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

He lost all credit he may have had, when he made the initial decision to not pay. Even though he had a 180 and is now saying he intends to pay, those who are upset have legitimate beefs and he will not earn back any credit until all are paid.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 AM

terrellk,

You are precisely the kind of person he is trying to appeal to. Your first point is legitimate but it really doesn't prove that he's NOT going to screw us. Bottom line is, he's already lied about some things, so it's best to remain skeptical until he gives a reason to think otherwise.

And no, he doesn't even deserve "a little bit of credit" until he actually starts paying out.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FON

What about payouts from Golden Palace; to a UK based player

I have asked this question on five or six previoous occasions in this thread - and have also e-mailed you about it.

Golden Palace have paid their Affiliates and as a UK player I am unaffected by any US actions.

Therefore will you PLEASE confirm that I will get paid (and when?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that six or seven now

Why the avoidance ?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:31 AM

Is anyone else secretly hoping that FON never pays because you don't want this thread to go away?

And does anyone else find themselves having respect for FON because of this huge scam? People wonder why he would be on the forum throughout the day if he had no intentions of paying, but what if it's all an elaborate counter strategy devised to confuse and pacify. We are in the midst of a true artist.

I can't ward off the impending Stockholm Syndrome any longer, I'm getting swayed by FON's hypnotic half-babble.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People are talking about going after him in small claims court... the expenses there are minimal, and dont require the use of a lawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Our group has voted to pursue a class action if he doesn't pay. Yes, the chances of getting a significant portion of our money is minimal, but the punishment factor is high. Since this decision will affect almost everyone who wants to get paid, we're holding off until it's clear that FON is trying to steal the money.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 AM

So fon, whats the current news regarding those SIA manual credit requests?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem here is that this is really only a viable option for those in/near NY as the T&C has a choice of law provision that specifies New York law applies to any conflict and that any litigation must be brought in New York. As an attorney, I can tell you that these provisions are almost universally recognized and enforced. Even if
they weren't, courts in other states would have a hard time establishing jurisdiction sufficient to compel him to come to any trial.

Even if you did manage to successfully bring a lawsuit, you have to somehow convince a court to enforce a "contract" dealing with online gambling. Good luck with that one.

Someone else mentioned that they were going to try to bring a class action law suit. It's never going to happen. Class action law suits are only brought by attorneys when you're talking about upper six and seven figure cases. Any lawfirm with the capability of brining a class action law suit wouldn't touch this.

Now the idea of bringing the incident to the attention of his school is much more likely to cause him some serious problems. Most student conduct codes encompass this type of behaviour and I know of several cases where students were expelled for shady business practices. That type of response won't get you your money, but it will certainly get back at him if he doesn't pay.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So fon, whats the current news regarding those SIA manual credit requests?

[/ QUOTE ]

The current news is the same as it always was. FON is a scammer and will not pay and FON is trying to lie his way out of this entire situation.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And no, he doesn't even deserve "a little bit of credit" until he actually starts paying out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, like sending out several thousand in PayPal payments on the 20th? Something like that?

I think I'm going to start to post nothing but the occassional "LOL" here.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now the idea of bringing the incident to the attention of his school is much more likely to cause him some serious problems. Most student conduct codes encompass this type of behaviour and I know of several cases where students were expelled for shady business practices. That type of response won't get you your money, but it will certainly get back at him if he doesn't pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so let's figure out when finals are, get a few phone #'s to the proper places at his school and set a deadline that is before the semester closing.