Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Guy is 11/5/3 - I have AA OMG

[ QUOTE ]
Not betting the flop is foolish. He either has hit the flop (usually true) in which case you'll be able to get all the money in right now while ahead, or he has missed the flop in which case you'd do better by ending the hand now than letting him pull ahead & trying to get bluff money. Remember also, he's expecting you to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

WAHT THE ????????????????????

If he c/r me Im folding... if he doesn't have me beat he has 2 outs max.

True
Old 10-31-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Versus an 11/5/3 nit I like a big reraise preflop, like to 35-40ish. He's waiting a long time to get a hand that he can raise and won't like the prospect of folding it preflop. Since his preflop raising standards are very tight, his preflop calling a 3-bet standards are probably pretty loose (if that make sense). Therefore, a bigger raise makes sense. It also makes it look like you are 'making a play'.

As far as postflop, I would play this hand as if he had AK until he told me otherwise. Therefore, I would bet the flop/turn/river if he was just calling his chips away.

As played, I would probably minraise the turn. He's not likely to bluff the river if you just call the turn and he will be drooling at the prospect of 3-betting the turn if he has a set. He's never 3-betting AK here so the minraise should allow you to value bet the river if he just calls.

River is meh. Folding or calling are viable, although I would lean towards a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rry like the turn min-raise idea given the flop play.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:28 PM

Bet the flop for value.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Versus an 11/5/3 nit I like a big reraise preflop, like to 35-40ish. He's waiting a long time to get a hand that he can raise and won't like the prospect of folding it preflop. Since his preflop raising standards are very tight, his preflop calling a 3-bet standards are probably pretty loose (if that make sense). Therefore, a bigger raise makes sense. It also makes it look like you are 'making a play'.

As far as postflop, I would play this hand as if he had AK until he told me otherwise. Therefore, I would bet the flop/turn/river if he was just calling his chips away.

As played, I would probably minraise the turn. He's not likely to bluff the river if you just call the turn and he will be drooling at the prospect of 3-betting the turn if he has a set. He's never 3-betting AK here so the minraise should allow you to value bet the river if he just calls.

River is meh. Folding or calling are viable, although I would lean towards a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff-raising with AA is a very bad idea here.

You know you are bluffing if you raise, right?
Old 10-31-2006, 03:30 PM

Checking the flop is terrible, especially if you have any urge to continue on turn and river when he decides to start betting.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:32 PM

Fold to the PSB on river, given the range you put him on and the turn lead, this is a bluff maybe 5%
Old 10-31-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he c/r me Im folding

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're folding the best hand too often. He check-raises AK and AQ just about 100% of the time he has those hands, which is very often. You are fearing KQ almost exclusively by folding to a check-raise. Most opponents will raise again preflop with KK almost all the time, and with QQ most of the time. Folding to a check-raise is MUBS.

This is not a good time to slowplay. The pot is large, and there's no reason to believe that you will gain more by slowplaying than by fastplaying. Checking is just wrong.

Also, re "2 outs." If you think his range includes KQ frequently enough to fold to a check-raise on the flop, then it also includes AJ, AT and JT more often than never.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:35 PM

grunch.

you beat AK and a bluff.

not that hard a fold in my opinion, though i probably don't make it as often as i should.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff-raising with AA is a very bad idea here.

You know you are bluffing if you raise, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-raise turn after flop was checked through & opponent made a 1/2 PSB on the turn ==> bluff? I ... don't see exactly how so. Villian might still call with AK, AQ and we will usually get a free showdown ... worse hands are re-popping or betting the river and we can get away relatively cheap. We also dodge a bullet if villian decides to slowplay a set and c/r the river ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he c/r me Im folding

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're folding the best hand too often. He check-raises AK and AQ just about 100% of the time he has those hands, which is very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. This is horrifically wrong.