Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Need help with TT\'s ( 2 hands)

Here are 2 hands. Comments welcome on all streets as I am not doing very well at all since moving up from .01/.02.

Hand 1
A general question I have is should I be raising TT from EP in FR?

Is folding the flop too weak? I generally give up hands on an A high flop when the raiser bets the flop. Reason is because I figure there is a good chance he has an A, and by calling/limping with TT, it seems I pretty much either need TP or a set to continue. Is that good reasoning or am I just looking to hard for a reason to fold?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($7.52)
CO ($5.18)
Button ($8.45)
SB ($17.89)
BB ($10.78)
Hero ($5.77)
UTG+1 ($4.76)
MP1 ($9.93)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.87) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.35</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.57) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.75</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $2.32

Hand 2 (happens to be against the same guy as hand 1)

How is preflop? Should I call or reraise from SB?

I checked flop to see what he would do, and figured I would bet turn, but when another overcard came out I got scared. Then his overbet of the river made me think he was trying to slowplay something, and was trying to make up for not getting any money in the pot in earlier streets by overbetting the pot. I did at the time find it strange that he checked both the flop and the turn, since that seemed a little unlike him.

Should I have at some point tried to take it down? At what point? And what do I do if I get resistance?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($4.73)
MP1 ($7.67)
MP2 ($7.22)
CO ($17.90)
Button ($12.68)
Hero ($5.20)
BB ($4.35)
UTG ($9.81)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($0.45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $1</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.45
Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Need help with TT\'s ( 2 hands)

I raise TT 100% of the time from any position. I'd pfr in hand 1, but as played I think this is ok.

In hand 2, I'd be tempeted to take a 3/4psb shot on the turn and c/f river if he calls. He's not paying off with any worse hands, but we're better off forcing him to make a correct fold than give him a free card.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM

Hand #1 looks fine to me, although raising UTG with 10-10 would also be OK here, unless you're only playing your tens for set value. If you let the hand go multi-way with just TT, if you don't hit a set, you're out of position and most likely behind to any face cards on the flop, and at risk to being behind do some random two pair. Your best hope is to flop a set or to get a raggedy board of undercards. Neither is too likely...

In hand #2, I make a 3/4 pot continuation bet on the flop. Let the other guy sweat the ace. If you get re-raised, it's time to fold. If you get called, proceed with caution, since villain is essentially saying that he's not horrified at the prospect that you're holding an ace.

As a general approach, I think TT is a tricky hand, so I will only limp with it in early position, but raise in middle or late position. It's a strong hand, but it's beaten by four other pocket pairs and very vulnerable if you wind up against more than one opponent...
Old 10-31-2006, 01:32 PM

Hand 1: If you are going to play this UTG please raise this [censored] up. You want to have the lead. You allow button to take control of the hand and you pretty much have to fold out on the flop because of it. You could try check raising button depending on your reads on him.

Hand 2 I might consider reraising PF depending on your reads of the villain (raising lots of junk) plus you don't want the BB coming along for the ride cheap. Please bet the turn regardless. Villian is just as scared of the A &amp; Q as you are. You probably still have the best hand on the turn. River the flush comes home and you haven't defined your opponents hand so I think you have to fold.

I think you are, as you said, looking for the fold, especially in hand 2. TT is a great starting hand, but its not a hand that can be slow played at all. I'm not saying to push with it, but raise or reraise. Be aggressive. You will find out when your behind.