Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Shopping for a new table...

I've read some of the previous posts about options for some of the medium-quality poker tables out there. I'm moving in a couple weeks and plan on upgrading my poker table from a old, $50 table-top, folding octagon that is pretty worn out to a full-blown table... I host a weekly game at my place so the table gets a good deal of use....

Anyone see or used this?
http://www.jackpotpokersupplies.com/tables-10-ht2.html
(Folding legs, non-folding table, "lightweight")

I've seen reviews and comments here about this one, which folds but has gotten generally good marks:
http://www.discountpokershop.com/fol...legs-p-64.html
(I've seen it cheaper on eBay)

On either of those, anyone know how well the fabric holds up against the inevitable spills from drinks?

I'm looking for something I can fold up and put away as needed.... I know some recommend building one, but I'm not handy or skilled or patient enough to try doing one myself...

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

thanks in advance...
Old 10-30-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Shopping for a new table...

I have the second one. It's OK. The biggest problem I have with it is that it doesn't lay flat. Because it's a folding table, there is a hinge in the middle, when opened, the table isn't completely level. With my cheap dice chips, they don't stack very well in the first place and stacking well on a non-level surface is that much harder.

I have no idea about spills, as I haven't had one yet.

It's not a very impressive table compared to the one's you can build yourself. That said, it is a lot better than most table top mats I've used.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Id suggest asking your regular players if they mind chipping in, then rake $1 a hand till you have $4-500 and buy a nice folding table on eBay
Old 10-30-2006, 07:26 PM

If you are interested in something custom made (not necessarily with logos or anything, but just exactly what you are looking for), we build tables relatively cheaply. We're based out of Waterloo, Ontario.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:10 AM

Can't rake a table in DC... Got to keep it legal...

If I take 400-500 from the guys at my game, I need to get it from their bad decision-making and reckless hand selection...

Any other input on people who may have played or own either of these tables?

Anyone know if a scotch-guard spray would ruin the table felt?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the second one. It's OK. The biggest problem I have with it is that it doesn't lay flat. Because it's a folding table, there is a hinge in the middle, when opened, the table isn't completely level. With my cheap dice chips, they don't stack very well in the first place and stacking well on a non-level surface is that much harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... and that's what concerned me about that table. I'm leaning towards the non-folding one, since the playing surface won't have any problem with staying level....
Old 10-31-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are interested in something custom made (not necessarily with logos or anything, but just exactly what you are looking for), we build tables relatively cheaply. We're based out of Waterloo, Ontario.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a website? Not in the market right now as what I have right now suits my needs but might be in the next year or so. I am north of Toronto. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:52 PM

get the one at Dicks Sporting Goods for $99 ... best table I have found for that price. Its simiar to the second one.