Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Monday Night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pats have a bunch of players who won't be playing due to injuries on both defense and offense.

I bet the Pats but now I'm kinda worried

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as? Belichek is well known for having deep injury reports. More often than not "questionable" players will play. From what I've seen they don't have anyone listed as "out" or "doubtful."

[/ QUOTE ]

• The Patriots downgraded four significant players to out for the Monday night game against the Vikings. Those four players are guard Stephen Neal, guard Russ Hochstein, safety Eugene Wilson and tight end Daniel Graham. Not having Neal, who is a physical guard, will really hurt their efforts to block defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Graham's absence will hurt the Patriots' perimeter blocking. Wilson is their best playmaking safety. Plus, there is no guarantee defensive end Richard Seymour will play. Seymour suffered an elbow injury last week and has been listed as questionable all week.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:59 PM

Wilson & Neal are the only two that matter here... The Pats have performed quite well without Graham and Hochstein is absolutley insignificant.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM

No opinion on the correct side tonight (too much like gambling) but if you can get a first-half total play it over, the first half will be a scoring bonanza.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:25 PM

why's that?

besides last week (played hookey on tuesday), i'm usually all about first half monday night lines, because having 30 sixteen year olds in front of you at 7:30am is not conducive to staying up watching an entire monday night game.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 PM

OK, local radio said Seym our is most likely playing.
Vikings rush D concerns me.
-1 seems great, but I just don't feel good about it.

I think I'm laying off and taking my meager profit.

Who am I kidding...
Old 10-30-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, local radio said Seym our is most likely playing.
Vikings rush D concerns me.
-1 seems great, but I just don't feel good about it.

I think I'm laying off and taking my meager profit.

Who am I kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seymour is starting.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pats have a bunch of players who won't be playing due to injuries on both defense and offense.

I bet the Pats but now I'm kinda worried

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as? Belichek is well known for having deep injury reports. More often than not "questionable" players will play. From what I've seen they don't have anyone listed as "out" or "doubtful."

[/ QUOTE ]

• The Patriots downgraded four significant players to out for the Monday night game against the Vikings. Those four players are guard Stephen Neal, guard Russ Hochstein, safety Eugene Wilson and tight end Daniel Graham. Not having Neal, who is a physical guard, will really hurt their efforts to block defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams. Graham's absence will hurt the Patriots' perimeter blocking. Wilson is their best playmaking safety. Plus, there is no guarantee defensive end Richard Seymour will play. Seymour suffered an elbow injury last week and has been listed as questionable all week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there's obviously no sense in going into much detail now. Obviously Seymour played. The O-Line looked just fine. TE wasn't an issue with Watson pulling down 7 catches, 95 yards and a TD. And I'd have to disagree with calling Wilson their best safety of any sort with Rodney on the field.

I was finally right about something ... don't bet against Brady in a dome.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 AM

Played the Pats for 4u and a 2u AR (Pats & u40) -- the last quarter was brutal... The last *play* was insane. Without that punt return I would've been sitting pretty. A win is a win though, even if it's a vomit-inducing win.

Great game for the Pats, although the Vikes looked similiar to Carolina (playing against Dallas) -- they just weren't ready.