Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 20/40 Hand vs. Nick M.

btw, any of you FWs guys going to be there on friday night?

edit: joe, I tend to play a lot of my hands against the regs at foxwoods very fast on the flop because sooooo many people in that game are obsessed with waiting for the turn to raise their big hands and thus have trained themselves to fold to turn c/r's, but will still call down flop raises/3-bets.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He told me that in that hand it was more the situation and the player was the reason he bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm listening, please go on...
Old 10-31-2006, 01:51 AM

I'm suprised no one has mentioned him having AQ in this spot. it all depends on how nick perceives you. if he hees you as a tight solid player he will have no trouble folding AQ to a turn c/r. but if he does call, I can't see any hand you are beating. i'd still bet/ fold the river though because he's going to bet any hand that beats AJ on the river if you check to him.

On the other hand if you have as bad a table image as I have you can value bet nicky a bit more thinly. there is no chance I will ever get him off AQ on an A high board.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand if you have as bad a table image as I have you can value bet nicky a bit more thinly. there is no chance I will ever get him off AQ on an A high board.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only a few folks in that game that Nick would think of laying down AQ to in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: joe, I tend to play a lot of my hands against the regs at foxwoods very fast on the flop because sooooo many people in that game are obsessed with waiting for the turn to raise their big hands and thus have trained themselves to fold to turn c/r's, but will still call down flop raises/3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hobie, you got this exactly right! In fact, if someone gets to the turn they may still c/r or raise you if they've made 2 pair if you've played your set (or other monster) fast on the flop, letting you get in 3-bets on the turn.