Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Best part of the head to strike for a knockout

[ QUOTE ]
I highly highly doubt more than 10% of you guys could knock out mike tyson with a punch (not nightstick) to the chin, Ive taken tons of punches to the chin/face, and I am def no mike tyson, Ive never been knocked out, its fairlyl tough to get knocked out from a single punch to the jaw/chin. The larynx is the best, because its fairly easy to incapacitate someone, and then run, with the temple, if you miss, you are [censored], as someone said you and your offspring will get eaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
The part at 0:26 is what I'm talking about:
Chuck Lidell knockout
Old 10-30-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I highly highly doubt more than 10% of you guys could knock out mike tyson with a punch (not nightstick) to the chin, Ive taken tons of punches to the chin/face, and I am def no mike tyson, Ive never been knocked out, its fairlyl tough to get knocked out from a single punch to the jaw/chin. The larynx is the best, because its fairly easy to incapacitate someone, and then run, with the temple, if you miss, you are [censored], as someone said you and your offspring will get eaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
The part at 0:26 is what I'm talking about:
Chuck Lidell knockout

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:42 PM

A punch to the nose when in a fight is a good idea because it stunns them and is an easy punch to land. This situation is much diffrent because it is a free punch with no chance of being blocked. A square uppercut to the chin is devistating and to anyone who said that can take one it probably glanced off or was partially blocked ect.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 PM

Throat or nose...too much margin of error to hit chin.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:51 PM

More examples Notice how many of those knockouts are simple cross/hooks or one-two combinations. Almost all of them involve a snapping of the head one way, either by hand, foot, or knee.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right in the adams apple?

[/ QUOTE ]
for a knockout?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Throat or nose...too much margin of error to hit chin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's easier to hit the chin than the nose, especially in a real fight. The nose is an awkward target, and you pretty much have to hit it dead on, because if he turns his face at all you will miss, or at best, get a glancing blow.

The chin sticks out more and is an easier target. The big plus with the chin though is that if he turns as you punch you can still land a very solid lower jaw punch. If the recipient is not trained or ready, and has not clenched his teeth, then that dangling lower jaw will break.....ouch.
First think you learn in boxing is to bite that mouthguard.

I could be biased though, as in my boxing I favoured the chin, but having gloves made a big difference. Without bulky gloves I could see how the nose might be preferred and easier to land a square punch. It's hard to hit the nose with a big glove, and not much advantage either unless the opponent had a history of broken noses or was a bleeder.

The watering eyes from a nose hit are awful, by the way.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I highly highly doubt more than 10% of you guys could knock out mike tyson with a punch...

[/ QUOTE ]
Lennox Lewis for one hit him repeatedly with extremely hard shots that effed up his face completely but really didn't faze him that much. I bet I could knock Roy Jones Jr. the [censored] out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the difference between me (5'10" 155) and the champ when it comes to being able to be knocked out by a blow to the chin is what? Development of neck muscles? Or being used to getting hit?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:43 PM

your arguments are completely retarded. 1. you guys dont hit as hard as anyone in that video. 2. most of those videos show REPEATED shots to the chin, so you are [censored] after you throw your punch. 3. in general, lol at any of you guys thinking you can knock mike tyson out by hitting his "glass jaw", get real. Im done with this discussion, its way more effective, since you have a dead on free shot to incapacitate a guy by hitting him in the throat.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Temple/throat if you want to risk killing him.

If not, break his collar bone like a police officer would.