Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Suggestion:
Popular SnGs that register quickly should have 2 ready to register in at all times.

Why:
I multitable the 15+1 Turbo SnGs and get caught often in a race to enter the next one with others and usually get stuck with a 'registration closed' sign when I'm not fast enough. This wastes valuable time in my world where every second is precious in a multitabling session and if I can save these seconds by paying more attention to the tables that I am in, the better EV it will be for me in the long term.

So if you can have 2 15+1 Turbo SnGs and other popular SnGs up at all times for registration, I think this will go a long way at helping the situation. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, and relatively easy to implement. As of this afternoon the most popular single table SNGs on PokerStars will generate anew as soon as someone registers. Thanks for this feedback, and for all of the other ideas in this thread.

Regards,
Mike Jones
PokerStars Poker Room Management Team
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

I noticed the change. It feels really good to have pokerstars listen to my suggestion and have it implemented.

It has also helped me out a lot and I no longer have the registration closed message. Thanks a lot PokerStars Poker Room Management Team. Cheers to you guys.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Find a Player

Any improvements to the “Find a Player” function should take account of privacy concerns.

The “Hide from Search Feature” function is good, but the problem is that you might want your actual friends to be able to find you, in order to sweat you or chat with you or whatever, but not players you don’t know. Currently, you can’t do this; you have to be either totally hidden from Search or totally available.

One thing I’d like to see is a function to get a list of all the players who have searched for me in the past seven days. This could be coupled with a capability to go through the list and prevent certain players from finding me in future, while still allowing other players (my actual friends) to do so. But even without this latter capability, I think players ought to have the right to know who is searching for them.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Tournament all-in chat

Please, please fix the problem where your chat gets completely lost if you hit Enter when somebody at your table happens to be all-in at a tournament. You have no idea how irritating this is.

Two possible fixes would be (1) your chat just stays in the chat box, or (2) your chat goes into the system but doesn't appear until the action on the hand is complete.

Either way, you should never have to re-type chat just because you pressed Enter at the wrong time. It’s pretty bad that PokerStars has not rectified this longstanding issue.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Let players pause the final table

You allow final-table deals, so you really should give us a reasonable chance to discuss a deal without affecting play of the tournament.

It does not have to be anything as elaborate as Party’s feature. Simply give each player at the final table a “check-to-pause” box and if all remaining players have checked it, the software would automatically pause the clock.

Then if a deal is reached, the tournament would stay paused while someone emailed support to come and confirm the terms. If no deal is reached, then the tournament could be resumed at any player’s option, without support ever getting involved.

It looks so unprofessional to watch players negotiate a deal, which could involve thousands of dollars, in the middle of a hand. I see that at final tables all the time. It can lead to all kinds of unfriendliness: e.g. suppose it is three-handed and I propose a deal in the middle of a hand, one player agrees, and the third player agrees but only after the next hand has begun, but by then I have more chips so I no longer agree.

The alternative of all the players checking ‘sit out’ has its own problems. Firstly, when everyone is sitting out, you have to keep your eyes on the table to make sure none of your opponents sits back in. This is a pain for multitablers as you have to pay more attention to the table where everyone is sitting out than to the tables where everyone is playing. Secondly, it’s irritating to chat when the chat box is filling up with dealer messages. Thirdly, if you discuss a deal but ultimately decide to keep playing, the blinds may well have gone up in the meantime. This really should not happen at any modern poker room. Fourthly, unless everyone takes careful note of who had the button before sitting out, most likely someone will get inadvertently disadvantaged, by resuming the game with the button in a different place.

Apart from the Sunday million, discussing a deal at the final table of a PokerStars tournament is always inelegant and usually unfair in some way. PokerStars is usually way ahead of other sites in improving its software for the benefit of players; I know that tournament players would appreciate a “check-to-pause” box at the final table.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Let players pause the final table

I think this is the best suggestion in the thread.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Let players pause the final table

It shouldn't be necessary to email support either. A "call support" button could appear at the table and all remaining players would have to click on it as proof that they have reached an agreement. Emails are clumsy.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Find a Player

[ QUOTE ]
Any improvements to the “Find a Player” function should take account of privacy concerns.

The “Hide from Search Feature” function is good, but the problem is that you might want your actual friends to be able to find you, in order to sweat you or chat with you or whatever, but not players you don’t know. Currently, you can’t do this; you have to be either totally hidden from Search or totally available.

One thing I’d like to see is a function to get a list of all the players who have searched for me in the past seven days. This could be coupled with a capability to go through the list and prevent certain players from finding me in future, while still allowing other players (my actual friends) to do so. But even without this latter capability, I think players ought to have the right to know who is searching for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the goal is that you should be searchable to friends, adding a "friends can search for me" function would be an easier fix.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:32 PM

please add ePassporte cashout
Old 11-01-2006, 04:31 PM

There is a lot of abusive chat on stars, as on any site. One way Stars could help get rid of this is to make it easier to report a la Absolute Poker. On AP when you click on the cashier/rack of chips you have an option to report chat -- this sends a chat log at the table to support in one click.