Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Table Opener - New AHK script with Graphic User Interfac

For mining SNGs, it's usually best to open the tournament from the beginning and close it once it's over, then open up a new tourney. PokerAce can filter results based on the # of players left in the SNG, so it's not necessary to do this with the script.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:56 AM

great script.

Can you add an option to open tables with an av. pot over x?

Right now the script opens the first tables it comes across, I tend to sit only at tables with higher av pots so I'd prefer to mine only tables with those sized pots.

How simple is it to add another variable to filter table selection by? Even if you add a box where you manually type in what minimum size average pot you want to use and it ignores tables with small av pots would make this script soo much better imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Table Opener - New AHK script with Graphic User Interface

Tournament datamining:

Could it mine other tournaments, not just SNG? Just open the top 16 tables every time it refreshes itself?

The software would have to ask you the tournament number or something. Maybe you have to open the lobby for the software to find the window, and eventually there will be tables.

I'm talking about datamining freerolls that go to the same stage 2 as others. If I get into stage 2, wouldn't it be nice if I had data on those last 16 tables, thus those who made it through?

I was thinking of just changing the old Full Tilt Watch for this:

Full Tilt Watch Code Download

But don't know AHK well enough to get it to look at the tournament window instead of the main lobby, much less how the tables get opened.

As for SNG's - just open what's out there, for the criteria, and I guess apply the minimum num players too - what they do at the very end probably not as significant.

Thanks!

Nancy
Old 10-30-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be easy to add, and I'll add it in the next revision (in about a week).

Would you rather just type in a number for the minimum avg pot size, OR I could put in a drop down box that listed some options in terms of multiples of the big blind? Maybe 0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,25,30. With the list you wouldn't have to change the number as you changed limits. But then it is in units that we probably aren't used to thinking in. Let me know your preference or other ideas.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For mining SNGs, it's usually best to open the tournament from the beginning and close it once it's over, then open up a new tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thanks...

To open new SnGs, it would be easiest to look in the lobby for a table that is registering, then open that sng lobby and wait for it to fill up. Once it is full, the "observe table" button appears, and the software could click on it to open the table. Then the SNG lobby would be closed, leaving just the table open. Then the software would go on to try to open the next table. For some SnGs, it may take a few minutes (or longer) for the table to fill up, and it could take about 20 minutes to get 16 tables open. Is this a problem?

Another method would be to look at SnGs that are already running, but still have a full table. In this case you would miss some hands played at the beginning, but it would be much faster to open up a bunch of tables.

Any preferences or other ideas?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you given much thought to a script that will open up tables with fish on them for the purposes of playing? or if the table is full, add you to the waiting list. there are some postgresql ahk functions i've been using for a hud. i may just rip off your code and do this myself if i find some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I haven't looked into this. If you have the time, add it to this "open source" collaborative project.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Hi nano, thanks for the great program. I have a request that I guess you may not want to do as it does not benefit many users. Thank you for allowing 3 groups to be selected but would it be possible to add even more groups, say 6 or 7. I know this would not benefit Holdem players. I play Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo and unlike Holdem there are no where as many tables to play so you will find the same players playing .10/.25 up to the max. It is very rare to find 16 tables of Pot Limit Hi/Lo going with all the limits combined. You never know what you will find. It would be very helpfull to be able to list all the limits in whatever priority to get the most data possible for now or for future games. Hope this makes sence and is not to hard to add. I would understand if you didn't want to add this feature for just the few of us that play PLO8 but it would be greatly appreacited.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Table Opener - New AHK script with Graphic User Interface

[ QUOTE ]
Could it mine other tournaments, not just SNG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nancy: Yes, this probably wouldn't be to hard to do, especially to mod the SnG version that I'm working on now. Take a look at the SnG code when it's done and let me know if you have any questions.
nanochip
Old 10-30-2006, 05:13 PM

For SNGs,
Data mining really isn't big in SNGs. I don't really know of anyone data mining them in any method that is near the level seen for cash.

What I (and many others) really want is something that will buy me into the tourney automatically and close the the tourney lobby. If you can make something that does thee 2 things effectively you will be loved by the SNG forum.

If you can also make it tile the tourneys into some prearranged slots ala party planner that would be great too.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be easy to add, and I'll add it in the next revision (in about a week).

Would you rather just type in a number for the minimum avg pot size, OR I could put in a drop down box that listed some options in terms of multiples of the big blind? Maybe 0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,25,30. With the list you wouldn't have to change the number as you changed limits. But then it is in units that we probably aren't used to thinking in. Let me know your preference or other ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do most of my postflop thinking in BB's not $'s so it doesn't matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] tho I'd prefer a manual entry box - thanks.