Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 02:13 AM

Default American vs. Canadian Bank Accounts

Scenario: I play on a site that has both poker and sports betting. I currently have a decent size bankroll going (5 digits), and I need to get it out.

My account is linked with firepay, which is no good anymore. I have problems with neteller, so that is possible to fix but a pain in the ass.

What I need to know is this...

They believe right now that I am Canadian (I'm not, although I do own property in Canada). I have a Canadian address and phone number linked with the account.

If I use an American bank account to directly deposit I assume this will raise red flags. Is this even possible to do anymore since the legislation?

The other option is if I were to open a Canadian bank account, would this ease the issues of the legislation significantly?

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Re: American vs. Canadian Bank Accounts

[ QUOTE ]
Scenario: I play on a site that has both poker and sports betting. I currently have a decent size bankroll going (5 digits), and I need to get it out.

My account is linked with firepay, which is no good anymore. I have problems with neteller, so that is possible to fix but a pain in the ass.

They believe right now that I am Canadian (I'm not, although I do own property in Canada). I have a Canadian address and phone number linked with the account.

If I use an American bank account to directly deposit I assume this will raise red flags. Is this even possible to do anymore since the legislation?

The other option is if I were to open a Canadian bank account, would this ease the issues of the legislation significantly?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, if you have the opportunity to open a "kosher" CAD bank account in Canada then I say open a CAD bank account and gamble from there.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: American vs. Canadian Bank Accounts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, if you have the opportunity to open a "kosher" CAD bank account in Canada then I say open a CAD bank account and gamble from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it seemed like it would make things easier. However, I probably can't get to Canada for another two months or so which is a pretty huge setback. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to do direct transfers from my American bank account in the meantime?