Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 PM

Default Tough situation w/QQ semi-deep

.25/.5 NL ($50 max) 6-man.
Villain is 34/16/10 over about 250 hands. Obviously very aggressive. He 3-barreled against me earlier w/AK afer reraising me pf from SB, and I made a tough river call w/JJ after sensing weakness on his flop and turn bets. After this, I don't really see him firing this light again, although he is super aggro. Anyway, this hand comes up:

We both have about $80

Hero dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on Button

Hero raises to $2.5 after one limper, Villain re-raises to $6.5 from BB, hero calls $4

Flop ($13.75): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian bets $11, Hero raises to $22, Villain insta-shoves, Hero folds

Given his aggression, I guess it's possible for him to have 99-JJ, but he shoved so fast I had to think AA or KK, possibly A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I guess my question is how do I make this hand play easier? I think if I reraise pf to about $18-22, I take control and have a better chance to define his hand. This allows me to fold if he shoves, but if he just calls and then check-shoves to my flop bet I'm in another tough spot. I don't really like my min-raise on the flop, but if I make a standard raise I have to go to the felt. I guess I could have just folded, but I don't really like that here either. Any thoughts?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Tough situation w/QQ semi-deep

bump
Old 10-30-2006, 12:50 AM

against someone this aggressive you should figure your hand to be good a lot of the time. even against people less aggressive when i played .25/.5 id find it rare i was able to get away from qq in this situation. its very possible he could have AK AQ or KQ let alone 77-JJ. you really are only worried about 44 KK and AA ..

i think u should be looking to get it all in, and the only problem with making more than a minraise on the flop is that it gives him a chance to get away from it since he will realize you are pot committed. i think a call on the flop and move it all in on the turn is a better way to get the money in the center. raising at least 33 on this flop is fine though. minraise i dont like since it doesnt accomplish anything except give him a chance to fold
Old 10-30-2006, 12:57 AM

since you described villain as fairly aggressive, I am assuming he pops your button raises from the blinds with more than AA/KK?

anyway, your minraise on the flop is going to induce him to push with hands that you beat--AK, JJ, TT , flush draws, since many people view the flop min raise as a player trying to "see where he is at" or looking for a free card on the turn. also, it just really pisses some players off and makes the do crazy things (no not me i swear).

blah blah blah, i am playing for my stack against this villain in this spot/board.

ness
Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah, i am playing for my stack against this villain in this spot/board.

ness

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after going over it while writing the post, I felt like I should have leaned towards getting the stack in. I"m still not really sure though.