Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Foxwoods WPF Crazy crap thread.

thought it would be fun to start a thread about all the crazy crap us 2+2'rs see at the WPF.
Report on any crazy games that get spread, funny stories, celb's etc.

Im not playing in any tourneys but I will be in cash games here and there praying on tournament donks.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods WPF Crazy crap thread.

The 5-10NL games are amazing. Lots of old guys giving away money. Example.

I have $2400 and old dude has about the same. I limp ATo after some limpers and we go like 6 or 7 to the flop. Standard.

Flop KQ3r. Old guy bets out $40 (this means middle or bottom pair) one caller so I peel.

Turn offsuit J. Yay.

Old guy bets $150, fold, I make it $500.

River 8.

Old guys bets $500, I make it $1650, he insta calls, and shows JQo.

Similar action and people dropping 2k and reloading religiously.

Also, the line for tournament registration for Event 1 + satelliets etc. was 100 people long Friday night.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:20 AM

i was there a few nights ago playing some 1/2. the highlight of the night was when after winning a few nice pots off of some boston guy he calls from MP a $10 raise from EP, i reraise to $50 with KQh on the button. he flat calls and the flop comes Qxx, by the river i push him allin and he calls and flips Q7o. a nice $600 pot for me.
i plan on going back there and hopefully play a little higher limits.
the tables were a lot of fun though, crazy people.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:49 PM

mencher. QJ is the nuts. obviously he has to insta call.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:21 AM

Hi Mencher,

I was sitting on his right when this hand happened. Too unreal. He had just turned to me and the guy next to me and said "I only play the nuts." I assumed he had gone for a LRR with KK or QQ since the guy next to me sort of agreed that he was a nut pedaler. Was very happy when he took out more. Nice move with the set of 6's there too. I don't even think he had 2 pair...

-Jason
Old 10-31-2006, 04:19 PM

Great stories guys, Im headed up there this weekend to play some 2/5 thinking its gonna be a good night.

thanks for the stories lets keep em comming.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Played the $600 Omaha hi/lo event. Michael Mizrachi shows up an hour and a half late at my table (table 10) and everytime he raises he's got a guilty smirk on his face. Looked tired and not at all interested in the tournament, but was friendly enough.

He busted out and then Paul Darden showed up at the table, kinda withdrawn and not as friendly.

I had some kid named Jon "Hoang?" on my right, he was playing way too many hands but doing well with them. He and Mizrachi seemed to be buddies, and he had a WPO 2005
Tunica bracelet.

Anyway, blinds are 100/200 and betting 200-400 and he limps UTG with 2/3/5/9 offsuit and I'm next to act and raise with A/A/10/3 double suited, another player with A/2/4/6 suited three-bets and this Jon kid plays like a fricken idiot (hello, your aces are out!) and calls the three bets (then I cap it, was down to 1500 anyway). Flop is 2/9/K with two of my suit, but he's hit bottom two pair. Turn a 3, river a Jack, gg me and the other guy as he scoops us both, ugh. He goes on to take 10th place.

Saw Men "The Master" in the bathroom, he's tiny, but was friendly enough (told him I had bobblehead #14 out of 5,000 and he shook my hand, woo-hoo!)

I mostly played mixed games or Omaha hi/lo, anything from 10-20 up through 30/60. At a 20/40 OE game I'm up around 500-600 bucks and this new gambling kid raises in the O8 first-in late position with A/6/6/9, new kid who bought in calls, I three-bet with A/A/3/4 double suited from the blind, they both call. Flop is Q/2/Q and the initial raiser calls me????? Turn is his magical 6, but I still have outs to the nut low, river another 6 and he scoops, arrrrghhhhh!

There was a 150-300 Omaha hi/lo game going with some guy that kinda looks like Robert Varkonyi, but it's not him. Bald head, glasses, kinda nerdy but tall. Anyway, he started arguing with the dealer about something.

What was funny was that there was some asian lady who was with him, but at the table over playing a NL cash game. They come around to collect the time charge and she friggin' flips out over the 5 bucks, saying she already paid and they're collecting too early, yelling about how they're stealing from her or something. I just wanted to go over there and toss the 5 bucks and tell her to stfu, but I was losing at the time and didn't feel like helping anyone out.

So another session I'm in a 10/20 O8 game and there's a table full of NL monkeys next to us. The next coming of Mike Matusow is sitting there, fat kid with a baseball cap and glasses, talked more than me.

He busted someone with 3/6 soooooted and wouldn't stop yapping about how he called, saying "look at that boys, 3/6 suited, gimme all your chips buddy!"

Eventually the floor went over to shut him up, and he responds with "I'm the biggest tipper at this table". I friggen hate jackasses like that. Hope he heckles the wrong guy at his table and winds up missing a few teeth. Kid's playing 1/2 NL and thinks the tv cameras are on him or something.

I can't believe how juicy the cash games are, although waiting lists can be ridiculous, real mob scene at certain hours.

FWIW I had the wife along on the trip and couldn't play as much as I wanted. Home now, but willing to head down midweek for a day or two next week if someone has a room and wants to split costs. PM me if interested. Non-smoker, light drinker.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 PM

Hey Buddy,
Three things:
1. Thanks for a good trip report.
2. I hope the game of grab ass with Men the Master was after both of you washed your hands.
3. I don't believe there was anyone there who talks more than you, even during the WPF.

The King
Old 11-03-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Buddy,
Three things:
1. Thanks for a good trip report.
2. I hope the game of grab ass with Men the Master was after both of you washed your hands.
3. I don't believe there was anyone there who talks more than you, even during the WPF.

The King

[/ QUOTE ]

That was actually my light trip report. I'm hoping to do a better one up with some pics (forgot to bring my camera down to the ballroom to capture the pro's though)

I had just washed my hands and was leaving the bathroom when I saw Men waiting in line to use the toilet (oh the humanity!)

So I blurted out "it's Men the Master!" and he said "yes, that's ME!" as he pointed to his name imprinted on his t-shirt (probably so he doesn't forget who he is)

And yes, I know it's hard to believe. But that Hold Em monkey was riDONKulous my friend. He honestly did yap more than me, even I was out-obnoxioused! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a 150-300 Omaha hi/lo game going with some guy that kinda looks like Robert Varkonyi, but it's not him. Bald head, glasses, kinda nerdy but tall. Anyway, he started arguing with the dealer about something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta be Kessler