Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 05:26 AM

Default Whats up with Absolute?

7k hands, including bonus released I lost over $900. (Actual down $550 at the moment) Mostly at 2/4, some at 3/6 limit 6man.

Meanwhile, just screwing around I'm up over $500 at the same stakes on Full Tilt. Not even seriously playing there because I'm planning on doing the Iron Man next month while I clear the Reload Bonus.

Clearing the Pokerstars $100 "First time Neteller" reload bonus earned me $300 - plus the bonus. Again at 2/4 and 3/6.

Should I just avoid Absolute?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Whats up with Absolute?

[ QUOTE ]

Should I just avoid Absolute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Absolute is rigged. I thought that was common knowledge.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:55 AM

Xxx is rigged!

Well, I don't believe that. Not even in this case, and this post wasn't a prelude to that oh-so-common claim. I was simply wondering if there is in fact something specific about Absolute. Thanks for the snide answer though!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 AM

Lol..."if there is in fact something specific about Absolute" that implies that you believe it's rigged. Maybe it's rigged only for you. Never play there again but the rest of us are safe.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:31 AM

1. Get banned
2. Open a new 2p2 account
3. Try a better post
Old 10-29-2006, 07:52 AM

You're on the wrong forum IMO. Post this on the internet forum. Absolute has the reputation of being a rock garden. This forum is mainly about utilizing strategy and tactics in poker.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:24 AM

Yea, I think you have to chalk this up to personal preference. If anyone thinks that online poker is rigged they wouldnt play. It sounds like you a are a bonus whore, which is cool and should also have afforded you enough time to find a site you really like.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:48 AM

I know Milesdyson will kill me in a replypost. But I think playing at Absolute is foolish. There are rakebacksites where you can get your "salery" and still have a decent winrate.
You should stay away from Rocky Mountains if you're not a great player with a great ability to bluff Tight aggressives.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:13 PM

See this is where I disagree. I just made the switch to 6-max, but when I played full ring at the 1/2 tables of AP. 1/2 FR are known as some of the tightest tables out there.(at that level) I did much better then at party or stars. I found the players to be much more predictable. I found it easier to pick my bluff spots and easier to put them on hands. I am by no means even a good player. I remember MrWookie stating, between rakeback and bonuses he was practically making money just for playing there. (He played 6-max though)

I think its all a matter of perspective and being able to adjust. I couldn't adjust to the loose games while others have trouble adjusting to the tight games.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:24 PM

I see nothing wrong with discussing the best sites to play 6-max. It's certainly more useful to us than most other topics. I play AP 1/2, and do feel like it is a tougher site. While it's super easy to find tables with the VPIP over 40%, the fish are trickier, laggier, and better hand readers. The TAGs are often exceptionally good for 1/2. The super loose-passive calling station is almost non-existent, and the insane maniac donator very rarely drops by. When they do show up, they lose their stacks exceptionally fast. It is by far the toughest site I have played.