Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Shuffled hole cards in stud games on full tilt?

I don't really play stud.

i'm curious how it's done in a B&M stud game.
Can't I just sit there mixing my hole-cards all over the place and then when it gets to show-down my opponents won't know which order I got them in?

If this is correct for B&M play then it would seem the FT way is more like live-play and that FORCING the opponent to show the order of the hole-cards would be LESS like live play.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can't I just sit there mixing my hole-cards all over the place and then when it gets to show-down my opponents won't know which order I got them in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really play stud.

If this is correct for B&M play then it would seem the FT way is more like live-play and that FORCING the opponent to show the order of the hole-cards would be LESS like live play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. However, fast eyes can watch a river card, as there are only three, and it isn't too difficult.

I much prefer playing Stud on PS than any other site because I like to see the hole card order, and I have nothing to hide.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM

You're not supposed to touch your board cards in a B&M. The dealer is supposed to pitch them so they land in order. The rule is that you're only supposed to touch them and move them if the dealer asks you to. A lot of places don't enforce that, but that is the rule.

For the record, I don't mind the shuffled order on FTP. It does make it difficult sometimes to read a HH, but as long as it's the same for everyone, it's not a big deal to me.

Yes, FTP does have smaller bring-in bets so the total of the ante and the bring-in is smaller than the total on most other sites. But the high antes end up costing me more because I play fairly tight, and I'll usually complete the bet on a hand I'll play. If you like to limp third a lot, then FTP's ante/bring-in is to your advantage. I'll do that more on FTP when I do play there, but that really doesn't fit my style.

I didn't mean to imply the structure sucks. It's just a personal preference for me, and I was just making the point that the shuffled cards at showdown have nothing to do with why I don't like to play there.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're not supposed to touch your board cards in a B&M.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with handling your hole-cards.
It would be kind of tough to know what your hole-cards were if you weren't allowed to touch them.

Also, I disagree that it would be that easy to tell which card was the river card if you just looked closely enough.

A player can just put all 3 hole-cards together can't he?
It should be pretty easy to bunch them up so that the opponent has no idea which card you got on the river.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You're not supposed to touch your board cards in a B&M.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with handling your hole-cards.
It would be kind of tough to know what your hole-cards were if you weren't allowed to touch them.

Also, I disagree that it would be that easy to tell which card was the river card if you just looked closely enough.

A player can just put all 3 hole-cards together can't he?
It should be pretty easy to bunch them up so that the opponent has no idea which card you got on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. My bad. I misread your post.

In my experience playing stud in B&M, I've never known anyone really concerned with distinguishing which card came on the river. If you want to know, just ask. At least at the lower limits, people seem to be pretty honest about telling you. Possibly because stud is really a more straightforward game than holdem or possibly because it's more of a "gentleman's" game, I don't think there really is much lying in stud.