Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Top Chef

I thought this was the worst episode in the shows (albeit brief) history. I was totally uninterested in the drama, as it seemed too manufactured. Last seasons bitch (tiffany) was a bitch because of her brutish personality in the kitchen, marisa is a bitch cause she schemed to out a contestant. That type of thing would happen on just about any show. I thought the elimination challenge was stupid, one team happened to have an expert on the thier type of food, of course they are gonna win.

Just a terrible episode and based on the previews for next week they are heading towards the fate of every reality show. Great first season followed by contestants "playing the game" in future seasons which makes it become less about the theme ( in this case cooking) and more about winning a reality competition.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 AM

SB,

I thought that the episode sucked, yes, but:

I thought that if the stupid-assed dessert wasn't horrible, the other team was clearly going to win.

I thought that if moron had just said "it was wrong and I wasn't planning on using the lycee" or whatever, (even if it was lying) then he wasn't even going to get kicked off the show, since the idiot who made the [censored] dessert was obviously going. I think that it was pretty good of the guy to just ask to be kicked off because he knew he had made a [censored] of himself on TV and that there was an issue of integrity.

Very "meh" episode.

citanul
Old 10-28-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB,

I thought that the episode sucked, yes, but:

I thought that if the stupid-assed dessert wasn't horrible, the other team was clearly going to win.

I thought that if moron had just said "it was wrong and I wasn't planning on using the lycee" or whatever, (even if it was lying) then he wasn't even going to get kicked off the show, since the idiot who made the [censored] dessert was obviously going. I think that it was pretty good of the guy to just ask to be kicked off because he knew he had made a [censored] of himself on TV and that there was an issue of integrity.

Very "meh" episode.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

agree all the way, but we honestly don't know that they would have won with a decent desert. Ofcourse we are told this to keep us tuned in to the final decision but we aren't tasting the food.

The whole "kick me off for integrity" thing was exactly what I hated. Turned this show from Top Chef, into " Best person who can cook that can work the reality system."

And it was a meh episode, was better than a lot of crap on, but I don't remember anything close to a meh episode last season.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:28 AM

Per the blogs, if Otto doesn't take himself out, Dessert bitch was BUSTO.

So far I'm digging this season
Old 10-28-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Per the blogs, if Otto doesn't take himself out, Dessert bitch was BUSTO.

So far I'm digging this season

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys do realize the blogs are being written while the show is being put on tv and not while it was actually made? The blogs are produced just as much as the show is.

And to be truthfull I think mostly what I am remembering about last season is the last 5-6 episodes which showed characters we knew and loved/hated.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:47 AM

Meh,

I've read a lot of interviews with Tom C. I don't think he's bs-ing people at all. Silly tinfoil hat person.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:50 AM

fair enough, i just don't but that they would have let someone stay on the show who stole food and blatantly broke the rules. Otto was gone no matter who deserved to go.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:16 PM

aside:

is it just me, or does the marisa chick look like santa's evil elf helper?

citanul
Old 10-28-2006, 03:27 PM

i am just glad otto is gone. clearly the worst character.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:48 PM

SB,

To be fair, last year Tom C. called out Dave as being inferior to the other finalists before the final showdown. I think his blog will in general be legit.