Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Proposed new Forum

I think your settings are probably different than mine so it bugs you. I don't visit every day, but I have the max settings on posts, so I sort by views/replies and catch the big threads in the forums I care about.

The POTD is a good idea, but it doesn't work if you don't care about certain forums. Hot Topics or Special Threads might be better, where every big thread gets duplicated. I dunno how much TITN cares about it, but if it included all the "big threads" from the last week regardless of forum, I'd visit it first. Sure I'd miss out on a good Omaha thread with 30 replies, but I'd see how much I'm missing out by not eating Korean last week or how badly Grim gets screwed by AQ.

Maybe some of us don't care about CCU, but even with the legislation that recently affected all of us, it seemed to take a long time for people to start showing up in that forum. The size of the site seems to beg for some sort of pollination.

Anyways, this is my long-winded request for a way to view all the forums at once so I can sort them by replies and catch the big stuff from every forum in the last month/week.

Ideally, I could set my own parameters. E.g. OOT to 100 replies up, POG less than 50, Probabilty to 20 or more, ignore the dorm, etc.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:20 AM

This isn't a bad idea. Maybe a "hot topics" board. The stars thread in the zoo would be a good one, The old party bonus threads, the zeejustin monster thread, many recent legislation threads would work.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:36 AM

I like this name much better " Hot Topic"

JAque
Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a moron!! God forbid we keep the posts going that OBVIOUSLY people care about..thats why they grow. If you wanna close down some topics...lets talk about the 42 full tilt RB topics??? If you cant see in the titles of these posts that you have no interest...and just pass them up..then my moron comment rings even more true!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
You seem SO angry about this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I did seem very angry. I would like to take back the moron comment!! Was undeserved!
Old 10-28-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think there will be very few threads that would disserve to be moved but it will help clean the clutter in some forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just don't know what kind of 'clutter' these are causing.
Maybe if you are viewing the subjects in threaded mode or something weird like that.

Otherwise, it's just one thread on the front-page of a forum.

New forum would conceiveably have the long CCU thread, a zee-justin type thread, a brandi hawbaker thread, maybe some lengthy discussion from MTT or small-stakes limit, and an arnold snyder thread from books-pubs.

I don't think a forum combining all these things seems a good idea.

And I just don't see the 'clutter problem' you are referring to.