Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 12:31 PM

Default I think, I\'ve played this right...

Poker Room skin
For the first time, I knew what to do without guessing at any point of the play.
I felt very confident playing this hand. Since I'm still a bloody newbie would you have played this hand the same way?

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Python is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Python raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.67SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Python bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.33BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Python bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.33BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Python checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.33BB
Old 10-28-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: I think, I\'ve played this right...

Monotone flops don't tend to lead people to peel the flop and then fold the turn, even those who are the most rampant peelers. I think you can be pretty sure UTG has either a pair or a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he's not folding. I like a turn check, followed by typically folding or checking the river behind.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:46 PM

I'd play it the same way most of the time. Another option is to take free card on turn. If you take free card on turn, villain may try to bluff on river with busted draw. It would cost the same to get the showdown and that's why I prefer betting turn and getting the SD for the same price. If you can fold to a river bet then free card is probably better option. Villain might have a pair and he's afraid of flush.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:58 PM

It's really unlikely that UTG is going to fold the turn. He's probably got a pair, an fd, or both, none of which he's folding.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:39 PM

I'd be happier using your line with an AK or AQ or something else I'd be a little happier showing down UI. With only KQ, I'd rather take the free card and hope to hit one of the 14 cards that improve your hand.