Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 AM

Default Light steal hand flops big, finds resistance

Reads: Villain is 20/10/0.9 over 60 hands. I've seen him go to war with TPTK, yet check/call down with TPNK, even after top pair turned into top trips. I've seen him shut down on the turn with a set after getting donked into a slight scare card, yet check behind on the turn after hitting a draw so that he can raise a river bluff/suspected value bet from an opponent. I'd say he's rather straight forward in general, but can get tricky.

As for the preflop raise, I hadn't played a hand in several orbits. I didn't have the best hand to steal with, but the blinds were tight and I figured I had a bit of deception on my side. Because of the potential trickiness of the Villain, is checking behind on the river ok, or is this just missing value that I'd get out of a bet/call? Other possible lines?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 10-28-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Light steal hand flops big, finds resistance

I think it's fine. This is exactly the type of guy who would suddenly check a straight now that the flush got there. I don't really know why he'd play this hard and then check with anything else except maybe a PP &gt; 6 but those hands beat you.