Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Should I have been in this hand? 8/16 at the Bellagio.

[ QUOTE ]

You flop an OESD. Good job. I would raise the flop. 3 players are already in and there's a 1 in 3 chance you're going to hit your straight. Everyone who already bet or called will likely call your raise, so this gives you great value for your hand. This could also buy you a free card if you miss on the turn. It's possible that the SB will 3 bet and knock out the other players, but most live players aren't that aggressive and will simply call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were in a great position with the kind of hand that you want to build a huge pot. This must have been the biggest pot you ever won in a limit game. I agree that you should have raised on the flop. Your building the pot and you'll very likely get a free river if you miss the turn. Everyone is calling the raise except maybe the button.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:54 PM

To the original poster.

I would read this post by Ed Miller talking about what to do with a flush draw on the flop. A flush draw and an open ended straight draw are practically identical for most intents and purposes.

ED miller post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:57 AM

Things to consider here are
1. position- you have excellent position for your hand, you believed you would be last to act with 5 folks in, you got the better of it by having 6 players in, the best way to have suiteed connectors.
2. Number of Bets- once you have established a six person pot you could care less how many bets are in.
3. Post flop-- you must raise!!!!! You have a 37.5 percent chance of winning this pot (that you know of) with 5 players in--- have them put as much money in the pot as possible benefits you. The worst thing you can do is fold to raises here--
Old 10-27-2006, 02:10 PM

Argy,

Thanks for the link. Very nice reminder of correct play.

Cheers,

Todd