Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Prima .50/1 vs. 1/2 and 2/4

Can anyone tell me how much more difficult Prima 1/2 and 2/4 are as compared to .50/1? I am playing just over breakeven at .50/1 (not including bonus). I see that the flop % are higher at 1/2 and 2/4. Do you find the competition any tougher here?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Prima .50/1 vs. 1/2 and 2/4

Well, I can only talk about full ring games and there are never any 2/4 full rings going on when I play. I've played both .5/1 and 1/2 the past month or so and even though I run horribly in 1/2 the quality of play isn't drastically different to that of .50/1. The tight players are a little more tighter and bit more agressive generally but there are also some fish.

I'd still recommend you to beat .5/1 comfortably before moving up. If you're just above breakeven status the little rise of quality could mean that you're a losing player. Plus, the psychological effect of doubling the stakes may easily effect you and you start to play scared. That ain't a good thing because there are a fair share of rocks who you should steal from.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd still recommend you to beat .5/1 comfortably before moving up. If you're just above breakeven status the little rise of quality could mean that you're a losing player. Plus, the psychological effect of doubling the stakes may easily effect you and you start to play scared. That ain't a good thing because there are a fair share of rocks who you should steal from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could somebody describe an example situation when it is good to try stealing from a rock? Do I just bet HU from LP when the board is ragged? Should I raise too HU from LP when the board is ragged?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could somebody describe an example situation when it is good to try stealing from a rock? Do I just bet HU from LP when the board is ragged? Should I raise too HU from LP when the board is ragged?

[/ QUOTE ]

betting uncoordinated boards with one big card into 1 or 2 limpers when you're in the blind is great. HPFAP approved too. I've noticed that it definitely works most of the time in tighter games.