Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: MLET Challenge: Creemore Springs

ok, my thoughts:

wookie nailed in in that you've got a co's opening range crushed and should get as much value in as you can right now because you wont get paid as handsomely by a 2+2r postflop as you will by a standard fish.

Get your value in on the streets in which you possess it in general. Then use position and aggression to force folds when you miss. This is going to be especially true vs at least half of the table you're at.

So this hand should have gone

pf: raise, threetown, call.
flop: bet, call. (or possibly bet, raise, threeball, call)
turn: bet, call.
river: bet, fold.

preflop affects the entire dynamic of the hand, and in your case it affected you quite negatively.

given a preflop call, this is how the action should have gone:

preflop:raise, call
flop:check, bet, raise
turn:bet, call

alternatively,

preflop: raise, call (i still hate it against all but the most hyperspewy types)
flop: check, bet, call.
turn: check, bet, raise, call.

the sum of that is that your preflop play caused you to miss out on a possible 2 sb's postflop, non inclusive of the 1 sb preflop that you passed on initially. Also, given that you did just call preflop, your flop/turn line cost you 1 to 2 more sb.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM

one more thing:

22pajo played the hand perfectly.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM

I concur with what has been said. The starting range you put 22paho on here is way too narrow. You need to know that mr 10%PFRer opens from the CO his range is much much greater. As an example, in a hand on another table you saw bravos open with 2 deuces.

Preflop is really important as it starts the dynamic of the hand. IMHO the deception you get from just calling is undermined by the uncertainty it creates. Raise preflop (says the guy who 3bet JxSooted out of the BB on other table)

the critique is actually good for you because it will make you better. This MLET is going to get pretty interesting in over the coming hands as we all adjust to others. eg I note that you had noted that 22pajo has a 10%PFR from some forum post....you can also note that I noted that you noted this.....but I will note that you noted this so......lets take it to the next level cos its time to play poker.

cya on the table mr Chip Leader. Holla. INSERT HECKLE HERE ABOUT HOW IT WILL SURELY ONLY BE A TEMPORARY THING AND ORDER SHALL BE RESTORED IN THE COMING HANDS. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one more thing:

22pajo played the hand perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree