Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Amazon.com praise

Since people don't give praise nearly as often as they complain, I thought I'd share this.

Well I ordered Harrington On Holdem Vol 1 last week and got it yesterday. A handful of pages were crumpled in the book so I emailed Amazon's customer service and asked them *if* I wanted an exchange, what should I do and how much shipping would cost etc.

I got an email back a few hours later saying they've sent a new copy of HOH via priority, next day delivery free of charge and kindly asked me to send the copy that I have now back to them using a Merchandise Return Label printed off their site (so I don't have to pay for shipping to send it back to them).

I didn't even really want to get an exchange but since they sent a new one so quickly, I'll take it.

Good customer service if you ask me.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Amazon.com praise

I'm sure someone has a horror story, but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amazon. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them, ranging from books and DVDs to small electronics and kitchen stuff. Next up is a digital candy/fry thermometer.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone has a horror story, but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amazon. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them, ranging from books and DVDs to small electronics and kitchen stuff. Next up is a digital candy/fry thermometer.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm digital candy.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next up is a digital candy/fry thermometer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alton Brown's Good Eats, part History Channel part Food Network, makes me want items like this for the off chance in the next twenty years I might use it. *salivates

And yes Amazon.com rocks. There's nothing better than the mail guy at work saying, "Hey there, I bet you're waiting for...THIS!"
Old 02-01-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing better than the mail guy at work saying, "Hey there, I bet you're waiting for...THIS!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is better than that? How sad.....
Old 02-01-2006, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing better than the mail guy at work saying, "Hey there, I bet you're waiting for...THIS!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is sad is you not understanding the comment was connected to thoughts surrounding Amazon.com and not other aspects of my life. Your reading comprehension skills could be considered, as you put it, "sad."
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is sad is you not understanding the comment was connected to thoughts surrounding Amazon.com and not other aspects of my life. Your reading comprehension skills could be considered, as you put it, "sad."

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus you're stupid. What's sad is the fact that you get excited when your new Charmed dvd arrives in the mail. Just to be clear, being excited about mail= lame. Got it?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus you're stupid. What's sad is the fact that you get excited when your new Charmed dvd arrives in the mail. Just to be clear, being excited about mail= lame. Got it?

[/ QUOTE ]

awww lighten up.

i would bet that most people actually do get excited about receiving packages....especially those from amazon.

i know i do.

ps. try ejoying some of the little things life has to offer once in awhile and you might not be so cranky
Old 02-01-2006, 12:48 PM

My only 2 enjoyments in life are getting mail and making snarky comments on the internet. I'm torn!
-Sam
Old 02-01-2006, 01:23 PM

Amazon rocks, I've never had a problem ordering from them (20 or so times), the only time I hear about problems is from people who order something from one of the retailers inside amazon (the stuff doesn't actually come from amazon).