Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Dancing with the Stars - tonight\'s elimination (10/25)

Maybe it's just IMO, but I think it's a lot more degenerate to have to have $500 to $1000 action on the World Series or something regardless of whether you have an edge than it is to place consistently profitable bets on something easily beatable like this.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just IMO, but I think it's a lot more degenerate to have to have $500 to $1000 action on the World Series or something regardless of whether you have an edge than it is to place consistently profitable bets on something easily beatable like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're absolutely right. And I think the people getting excited about the "32-0 so far this year" post (i know you're out there!) are more appropriately painted with that brush.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. degenerate is gambling for action's sake. smart is gambling to make money. not betting exotics like american idol, movies, and reality tvs shows while betting on sports is a sign that you *might* be a degenerate.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:23 PM

I gave him the benefit of doubt and proceeded as if he were joking, hence the quotes around "degenerate" in my post. Most sports bettors are "degenerate" gamblers anyway, as fewer people have an edge than they think.

If he was serious and thinks these threads are dumb, then he's obviously a moran who doesn't like money. This [censored] is too easy.