Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are the advices on this forum good?
Wow its great 42 17.95%
Some good some pretty bad 152 64.96%
Only a few good, mostly bad. 40 17.09%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Slowplay this AA?

You don't think it's a stretch to think that the CO is trapping the button with a limp?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM

Depends on the read, but that'd be a hell of a bunch if he woke up and called you with something strong enough to call your shove.

Might be a wider range though. I'd like limpin' sometimes, but that's more fun.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:18 PM

I push this... limping is just asking for trouble and if someone has been pushing but still has a short stack decides to raise 3-4x the bb it is almost always a huge hand.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Results...

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think it's a stretch to think that the CO is trapping the button with a limp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I had this thought, which sealed my decision to raise all-in...and then everyone folded. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Results...

Go back, add up the shoves, see if it's more than you'd get for calling and losing one race.

That's the point. Doesn't matter which time they call you.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 PM

Yah, I vote for a push, especially since you have pushed previously and not shown your hands. You'll likely get looked up by the CO who can afford to speculate with 8000 chippies.

I don't think this is a good time to limp with AA, mainly because of the CO openlimping in front of you.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:15 PM

I voted raise not push - but I tend to assume villian is a bad player until he proves otherwise
Old 10-27-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands are going to call the AI but fold to the raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The better question is what is going to call 1200, but fold to 3000? If any of the villains have half a brain a raise to 1200 w/ only 1800 behind is screaming action, whereas pushing, especially when we have been pushing a lot, is your standard raise.

One reason we push w/ speculative hands (Ax, suited connectors, etc) is so when we do get our big hands (as we have here) and push it has a high probability of being called.

Pushing your speculative hands and raising 1/2 your stack w/ monsters is a horrible idea and is definitely a leak. Also, 10-12 BB's is the line for pushing and this is a ridiculously EASY push.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If any of the villains have half a brain a raise to 1200 w/ only 1800 behind is screaming action, whereas pushing, especially when we have been pushing a lot, is your standard raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this villain is not likely to have half a brain (hence his limp from the CO). The OP didn't tell us what stake he is playing. I imagine it's not a $10,000 world championship event.

[ QUOTE ]
One reason we push w/ speculative hands (Ax, suited connectors, etc) is so when we do get our big hands (as we have here) and push it has a high probability of being called.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since your speculative hands come with much higher frequency in push situations, your weak holdings are going to get looked up a lot more before you catch that elusive monster. I don't entirely agree with your statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing your speculative hands and raising 1/2 your stack w/ monsters is a horrible idea and is definitely a leak. Also, 10-12 BB's is the line for pushing and this is a ridiculously EASY push.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like the posters advocating a raise think this is some type of "standard play." To that, I say you should at least try to read the arguments made in these posts. This is a special situation where a raise could be better than pushbotting, unless--and from your analysis this may be true--you have no intention of trying to win the tournament but just hang around to finish ITM. I assumed the OP was going ftw.