Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 01:50 AM

Default which sites ran with the money?

What sites have shut down and kept players cash? Also how many sites have gone out of business and payed out? I only am aware of one site so far and that was dutch boyd's site. I don't know what it was called.

I have heard examples of sites keeping individual players money for one reason or another (like cheating).

I play on small sites and I would like some perspective.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:16 AM

Default Re: which sites ran with the money?

I'm sure pokes poker, on the ongame network is going to rob your money. They have series cashout issues. Some people I know have 30,000 pending and it has been pending for about 3 weeks or so.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:49 AM

I forgot I had a couple hundred on Paradise...I got it back today with no problem. Gonna miss that site.

If a so called Dutch Boyd site is actually screwing numberous customers...then I bet Dutch will have a few confrontations when he shows up for a live event. Bad beat may actually take on a new meaning.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If a so called Dutch Boyd site is actually screwing numberous customers...then I bet Dutch will have a few confrontations when he shows up for a live event. Bad beat may actually take on a new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, Dutch's site stole everyone's money more than three years ago, and no one has done jack [censored] about it. I don't think there's ever even been a big verbal confrontation to his face in public.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure pokes poker, on the ongame network is going to rob your money. They have series cashout issues. Some people I know have 30,000 pending and it has been pending for about 3 weeks or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokes is losing probably 10K of rake from me a month cause they're so sketchy and I won't deposit there

maybe more like 8K
Old 10-26-2006, 05:14 AM

I know prima isn't going to "keep" my money...but pissing me off that they're freezing it for so long. When I get access, I'm going to withdraw, and never play there again.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:41 AM

Why are you blaming Prima????--Its the skin that is hasseling you not, not Prima. I have played on the Prima network for over 3yrs with two skins and have never had a problem with either Skin. So, blame the skin, not Prima. No, I am not a affilate but the Prima skins are the only place I can play now because of my unique situation regarding where I live and what country my financial stuff is in so I just stick up for them from time to time.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:17 PM

Jetsetpoker appears they may have run off with the money. Bigbetpoker still owes me just under $100 from their prop program. They were English Harbour/Odd On's poker room. Victoria's Poker shut down owing a few people money. I'm not sure if anyone was still owed money by Propoker when they vanished but they certainly stole money in at least a cheating way.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you blaming Prima????

[/ QUOTE ]
Why shouldn't I? Part of my rake goes to the network and I expect value for that money.

Good network operators take precautions to ensure the safety of customer funds. They can do this by being selective in who they license, by supervising license-holders, or by managing the funds themselves.

Prima seems to be very lax about the safety of customer funds. They take no responsibility at all. Why should we continue to give them our business?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jetsetpoker appears they may have run off with the money. Bigbetpoker still owes me just under $100 from their prop program. They were English Harbour/Odd On's poker room. Victoria's Poker shut down owing a few people money. I'm not sure if anyone was still owed money by Propoker when they vanished but they certainly stole money in at least a cheating way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the 2 I was going to mention. Jetset is closed, I haven't heard of anyone who has gotten paid from them yet.

I remember ProPoker very well, only site I couldn't win at. I don't think anybody did. I certainly didn't have money still there when they closed down, but I doubt they paid anyone who did. ProPoker is a good example of what could happen in an unregulated industry.