Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Razz MTT\'s

I was just wondering if bluffing in situations with both of your hole cards paired but 3-4 cards showing are lower than oppents...Is this a profitable play in the long run?It seems to work well against all oppents good or bad.Should I limit this play only for big pots or use it alot in smaller pots?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Razz MTT\'s

5th and 6th are a tad different in this regard. On 6th if they call you can still improve to beat them, while 5th is much more iffy if they call.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 AM

ok,i see

Tonight while playing razz,this situation comes up

I get [34]2,3 players in no completes yet.So i complete with a 9 and 6 showing

4th street is [34]23,another 2 and and an 8 shows for them,i bet at it again the 89 dumps,62 calls

5th Street:[34]234,he gets an A of hearts he raises it....am I open for a reraise here hoping an ace falls or could it be possible he has also paired an ace and only two are left and i gotta dump here
Old 10-26-2006, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok,i see

Tonight while playing razz,this situation comes up

I get [34]2,3 players in no completes yet.So i complete with a 9 and 6 showing

4th street is [34]23,another 2 and and an 8 shows for them,i bet at it again the 89 dumps,62 calls

5th Street:[34]234,he gets an A of hearts he raises it....am I open for a reraise here hoping an ace falls or could it be possible he has also paired an ace and only two are left and i gotta dump here

[/ QUOTE ]

He's raising you when your board is showing 234. He has a good low already and you are a sucker if you put another bet in the pot.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM

WHO DAT!!,im in Lake Charles,Louisiana....

If an ace does fall for me,how can he call tho.Plus he could be holding [KJ]62A [QJ]62A [Q10]62A or even [A8]62A...and we havent gotten to 6th or 7th yet

6th comes he does in fact catch a K and i lead,he dumped

All i want to know is if I am jusified raising on 5th,if my guess is right and I raise on 5th and he is holding [KJ] or any of the above that I mentioned he might just be looking to improve on 6th and 7th and thats what Im trying to capitalize on.I don't see dumping my hand here with 62A showing the right thing to do on 5th since he never reraised to begin with...plus I have put preasure on the pot right off the bat so he doesn't know that im only looking to improve 6th &7th also and could have had his hand beaten by a lower hand to begin with.

I dunno im pretty new to this game so my thinking could be way off,and im not saying you are wrong...but i encounter this situation alot it seems and profit from it every 4 times out of 10 in 300 situations
Old 10-27-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus he could be holding [KJ]62A [QJ]62A [Q10]62A or even [A8]62A.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, and the tooth fairy is real too. Even if he's retarded enough to get this far with those hands I'm still folding.