Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Re: What was the worst sports moment(s) of your high school career?

Breaking my collarbone trying to walk on my hands out of a 'fireman's carry' during wrestling practice.

Practice ended early that day for everyone.

b
Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM

My first year wrestling, I had a match in which I was pinned in 17 seconds. My opponent went on to be New England Champion twice, but it is still embarassing to take a loss like that.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only hooking up with 2 of the members on the girls swimming team when I probably could have had like 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you had said gymnastics team, then i could relate
Old 10-25-2006, 06:43 PM

I pinned kids in 2 consective matches 20 seconds and 36 seconds. My quickest pins ever and back to back kinda cool. I was by no means a great wrestler just like a #3 starter in baseball I guess lol.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 PM

Team-wise, my worst moment involved high school football. My sophmore year we sucked and only had one win on the season. My junior year we were OK but had one of those Cinderalla seasons. Every break went our way and we finished the regular season undefeated. I think we won all but one game by less than a touchdown, and 3 of those by one point.

We made the state playoffs and had to travel as the visiting team. We ended up getting crushed and completely dominated. I think the final was 53-7. One sidenote on that: I layed a viscious blindside block (legal) on a guy on a kickoff return and broke his jaw and knocked him unconscious.

I don't have alot in the area of personal worst moments. Most of my moments were OK. The only ones I can think of: First game in the basketball season my junior year, I came off the bench on a team filled with seniors. I'm nervous, my hands are sweating, I come off a pick on the free throw line, take a pass and go up for a jumper, ball slips, and I ended up shooting backwards. Ball landed a foot behind me. Seniors reminded me of my shooting prowess all season.

And, I fouled out of a basketball game in the first half once. Coach left me in when I picked up my third and had a sub waiting to come in after I picked up my fourth. But, I got my fifth before he could come in.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first year wrestling, I had a match in which I was pinned in 17 seconds. My opponent went on to be New England Champion twice, but it is still embarassing to take a loss like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i got pinned almost that fast many times my freshman year.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM

My JR. year I came off the bench against our crosstown rivals late in the game to proctect the lead since I was the best free throw shooter on the team. I promptly got fouled and airballed the front end of a one and one.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:41 PM

Tennis soph. year.

We won the division champs, but the region championship match was lost 4-3. I was playing doubles with this really crappy kid, and we lost the first set 6-1. We were down in the second set 4-1 and 5-2 and came back to win 7-6 (8-6). The final set we are once again down 5-2, come back to 5-4, partner serves, 3 double faults in 5 points, including clincher. Game, set, match.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Varsity Golf. Playing in a tournament to qualify for States. It was a brutal day, temp in the 40s, nasty rain. On the 8th hole (we just played 9) I was lining up a par putt, kneeling near the ball with the putter on the ground in front of me, pressing down on the putter, when it slipped on the wet grass and slid right into my golf ball. Knocked the ball clear across the green, into the rough, I ended up making triple bogey on that hole and missing out by 2 strokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain, but I believe under USGA rules you replace that ball with no penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're half right. You replace the ball with penalty.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:58 PM

Senior year wrestling, guy tries to turn me on my back, I resist, then POP! Separated my muscle from my ribcage. Basically couldn't even do a standing crunch.