Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you knowingly sleep with a Married Woman if there was no strings attached?
Yes 58 47.15%
Yes, But Only Once 5 4.07%
Yes But I Would Immediately Regret It 8 6.50%
Probably Not 33 26.83%
Never In A Million Years 19 15.45%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Our voices are heard and I have a plan

Look at this article - great job everyone, plan below

http://www.theagitator.com/
Old 10-25-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Our voices are heard and I have a plan

Okay - Status update - Full tilt has beed emailed as to the poker tourney, need advice for buy ins: Less than $20 1500 chips, over $20 3k in chips, I vote $20 buyin but I'd like comments.

How about half to whomever is going to benefit? And half to the tourney winner? Discussions on this would be nice too.

I'll post ad rates for St Louis in a bit, but we have an issue...who is going to take the money from the tourney and other donations and pay for the ad? Affialate? PPA, Seen the poker Ace guy posting, need suggestions on this too, as I develop info I'll post, I cannot check my email for tourney until tonight, so lets get this hammered out.

This action the tourney and the ad,and possible money for people running aganst the incumbent is to protest what they (the incumbents) did, nothing more nothing less. I am a hard core republican and will cross party lines, not because I agree with the democrats, but because I intend to punish the incumbents at every level. We will get more support if we approach it this way, everyone agreed?

if you want background, look at these threads, this is not about political parties, its about the issue. We need to keep on message

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post7785392

and
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7770567
Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 PM

Update on ads for St louis. All I am getting is voice mails, i do not think we have time to pull this off, and it will look thrown together, and make our image worse.

Suggestion: Use the poker tourney idea to raise money for the presidential election coming up, we will have time to develop a PAC like (stress like) moveon.org or the swiftboat thing - monthly tourneys help to fund it, and then use that money to get the message out, its a long term strategy but the best one I can think of...Thoughts?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:04 PM

I doubt Presidential race would be a good idea. I mean, Hillary Clinton or Bill Frist? I wouldnt want either in there running our country.

Frist is just an idiot. And Hillary would have Monica under her desk all the time.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 PM

Its about being heard in the presidential election not necessarily supporting candidates unless they actively come out for us, its about getting our voices heard, we don't have time to do it, in just two weeks, it will come off as a disorganized and not unified message, that is what I meant. Traditionally more people vote in the pres elections than others
Old 10-25-2006, 03:25 PM

Poker Tournement Funding... Great Idea... Any Idea is a good one if it unites instead of divides... Kudo's to your enthusiasm addictontilt...

Everyone think about this for a minute...

Get the word out and hold a Weekly tournament were the INCREASED rake goes to the Cause... It would take the very thing trying to be prevented by congress and used against them... This idea has legs... It may be too late in the game for this election but in 2 years a nice bankroll could be built up... I'd forget about the Presidential Election but there will be plenty of seats up in 2 years.. And the Bankroll could be built up with a weekly tourney...

We need a partnership with Full Tilt or Pokerstars of course... Would any of them step forward??? And we would need an administrator for the Tourney and therefore The Organization to decide how money raised is spent...

Great Idea... money raised and everyone has a good time...
Old 10-25-2006, 04:21 PM

This is a wonderful idea...
Old 10-25-2006, 04:28 PM

Ummm....I got a question for the mods....once I get home, I will most likley have an update on tourney sched - can I post the info here and a link to my blog without getting banned????
Old 10-25-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get the word out and hold a Weekly tournament were the INCREASED rake goes to the Cause...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why just the INCREASED rake? Surely FullTilt can afford to let a tourney go by where they don't pocket anything.

Brings up another question. Will Full Tilt be motivated to do this, seeing that so far they have actually BENEFITTED from the new law by increased business?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Update on Full tilt - they are reviewing the request - i proposed a $20 buy in half for money prizes and the other half for PPA or whomever we choose, also proposed a weekly tourney, which will help with long term goals of taking our issue to the streets

Thoughts?