Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Re: CCU...gone?

[ QUOTE ]
What legal options are available?
The other thing people might do is to go after it legally. If that happens, most people are also screwed. First off, everyone outside of his jurisdiction are going to be generally unable to collect from him. Even if we could, the people who don't want their names to be on a public record involved with gambling are also screwed.
Aside from that, there are also legal fees, including filing fees(even if you do everything yourself) which are expensive. FON will need to defend himself, and that money will come out of what he has available. Even if people prove a case and are able to get everyoine to collect, he won't be able to fufill it, meaning we get screwed(plus it will take at least a year if not 2 for it to go through).

And if you even think of a class action suit to avoid individual legal hassels, then you have no idea about the legal system. Class Action suits are NEVER started by plaintiffs. Instead, they are started by lawyers who look for plaintiffs. They always settle, and what happens is that the lawyers make tons of money, while the plaintiffs get very little compared to what they are owed.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of what you're saying is state-dependent. For example, in my state, a small claims suit can be filed where the contract was signed (or agreed to). If the contract was signed online, then the location is where the customer resides when s/he signed it. Thus, in our case, we can file in our county and it only costs $47.

As for the class-action suit, you are correct in that the attorneys will get most of the money. But how exactly does that hurt us? If we're not getting paid anyway, then i'd rather see an attorney actually earn the money than watch this little lying thief get away with stealing it. Plus, watching the fallout in his life would be well worth the time invested.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, judging from the 200 PMs and emails i've been getting. There are quite a few people here with plenty of time and money on their hands to cause FON all the grief he deserves.