Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 02:21 AM

Default AA\'s question

AA's vs. AdKd both players all in, flop comes down Kh9d3d, the player with AdKd offers to split the pot right now, would you do it?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:25 AM

Default Re: AA\'s question

No. Opponent has 12 outs twice. He is a favorite to lose.

Edit: Specifically you are a 57-43 favorite. More of a coinflip than before but not worth a chop.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:55 AM

uhhh what?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 AM

Opponent has 11 outs....9 diamonds and the 2 kings left.

And why the hell would we even think about chopping the pot? With AA we are almost 57% to win here.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:48 AM

OK, I agree you dont take it but to make it a bit more interesting; lets say you're on the bubble at a big MTT or Satalite?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 AM

You want to make it really interesting. Here's why I asked in the first place. FW 1/2 NL table, I have 400 in front of me, I'm dealt AA.

After some raising a player behind me moves all in for about 380, so there's probably over 500 in the pot, and i have about 300 in front of me now, so I obviously call, there's over 800 in the pot.

I immediately say "call" and because when I have aces I don't like to be an ass, I show my cards right away. I throw them face up on the table. My opponent has AdKd. For some reason the dealer mucks all the rest of the cards into the remaining deck thinking I folded, and everyone at the table is like he called, and obviously with my AA showing the dealer realized I definitely called.

Now the floor comes over, says to reshuffle the cards and deal them out, putting every diamond back in the deck and every K back in the deck that may have been dealt out.

The flop comes down with 2 diamonds and a K. At this point my opponent, feeling bad about what happened, offers to chop the pot at this point. Now he's getting the better of it, but its still an over 800 pot at a 1/2 NL table.

I refused, playing the numbers, but not feeling good about it, and he hit a 4d on the turn.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I agree you dont take it but to make it a bit more interesting; lets say you're on the bubble at a big MTT or Satalite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 AM

Well it sucks that everything was put back in the deck so there were no possible dead kings and diamonds, but you were still 57% to win so kinda a no brainer decision....don't be results oriented.

If you want to make it a little more interesting see if he'd split it 57/43. Then maybe some people would prefer to deal.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to make it really interesting. Here's why I asked in the first place. FW 1/2 NL table, I have 400 in front of me, I'm dealt AA.

After some raising a player behind me moves all in for about 380, so there's probably over 500 in the pot, and i have about 300 in front of me now, so I obviously call, there's over 800 in the pot.

I immediately say "call" and because when I have aces I don't like to be an ass, I show my cards right away. I throw them face up on the table. My opponent has AdKd. For some reason the dealer mucks all the rest of the cards into the remaining deck thinking I folded, and everyone at the table is like he called, and obviously with my AA showing the dealer realized I definitely called.

Now the floor comes over, says to reshuffle the cards and deal them out, putting every diamond back in the deck and every K back in the deck that may have been dealt out.

The flop comes down with 2 diamonds and a K. At this point my opponent, feeling bad about what happened, offers to chop the pot at this point. Now he's getting the better of it, but its still an over 800 pot at a 1/2 NL table.

I refused, playing the numbers, but not feeling good about it, and he hit a 4d on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... the floor's solutions is probably the best they could come up with, but it seems a bit unfair to me. The reason is, there had already been "some raising" according to your post, so there's a higher than average chance that there was a king in one of the other starting hands.

On the other hand, you got the remaining ace back too.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:23 PM

Of course you can't chop.

1. If it's a cash game then you take your 56.9% chances at doubling your bet. Imagine these odds at any table game like blackjack, craps, or roulette. It's a no-brainer! I'm not one for high variance, so I might pass on something like 50.2% (depending on my bankroll), but a 56.9% chance to win is more than enough edge to play with.

2. The only time chopping might be something I'd want to do would be in a tournament when I was all-in or nearly so. Obviously in this situation staying alive is important, and tournament chips earned cannot be immediately redeemed. But in this situation chopping is not permissable, so the question is moot.