Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Facial Hair?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have blonde hair, started out basically white when i was little, to dirty blonde now.

My facial hair, particularly my sideburns, when they grow in, have a very noticeable red tint.

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]
Exact same for me -- blonde hair as a kid, now light brown, but my beard is red/blonde.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. I had red hair as a kid; now it's red/brown with a red beard.

As to the original question, when I look at pictures of myself when I was 21, my beard looked awful. I can't be sure whether this was because my beard hadn't grown in yet, or if I just had no idea how to trim a beard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 10-24-2006, 12:54 AM

Full beard at 15 - had it (Xcept for a 2 month period) ever since.

Of course, being only in the second generation in my family to walk upright may have something to do with it....

MM MD
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 AM

Could all of you fakers claiming to have full facial hair at 15 and 17 grow a full beard or real mustache? I'd have to say I'd be surprised if this was the case - I thought most people couldn't manage that until their early to mid 20s. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I had a goatee at 15, but I couldn't get a real beard going until I was 20, and I'm a hairy dude.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could all of you fakers claiming to have full facial hair at 15 and 17 grow a full beard or real mustache? I'd have to say I'd be surprised if this was the case - I thought most people couldn't manage that until their early to mid 20s. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I had a goatee at 15, but I couldn't get a real beard going until I was 20, and I'm a hairy dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I am getting my beard ready as we speak for National Beard Month which just so happens to be next month!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 AM

i'm 27 and i still look ridiculous when i try to grow a beard.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I am getting my beard ready as we speak for National Beard Month which just so happens to be next month!

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't need to get my beard ready. After halloween I'll stop shaving and I should keep nice and warm on my first hunting trip of the year. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 AM

on a related note, i read somewhere that smoking can stunt facial hair growth in young men...dont know if that applies here
Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 PM

hmm interesting
Old 10-24-2006, 11:07 PM

I'm 25. I can't grow anything even remotely resembling a mustache or beard, just a few sporadic hairs here and there.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:22 PM

I honestly had my beard coming through at 16. Doing the Pennine Way (270 mile walk in summer 1999) in 3 weeks, i didn't shave at all and came home with a ginger beard from cheekbones down. GF at the time loved it. Asked if i had ginger pubes too. I let her check.